Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2016, 08:32 AM   #1
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Tab S5E 12" Tablet
Ordered Kobo Glo HD from Rakuten US

How have other people fared by ordering from Rakuten US for delivery to United States? How quick was delivery? I am still waiting for shipping notification but the 4th may have impacted that.
Larla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It's news to me that they even sell them now (or was it a third party seller?). It always seemed odd that they didn't, but in the past that was the case.

I haven't bought anything there since back when it was buy.com (pre-Rakuten buying them) so can't personally comment on their general shipping practices.

EDIT: Just looked at the site and the only Readers I see are a few Kindle's, an two older Sony's?? All are from third party sellers. Looking further maybe everything on there is third party sellers now? I don't see anything that's actually sold by Rakuten themselves.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
Larla
Addict
Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Search for Rakuten kobo ereader store. It is first result.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:25 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think that links you to the Kobo store.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Buying direct from Kobo is notorious for poor communication. There is a reasonably good prospect that your device will arrive before the email with shipping confirmation based on prior reports on here. The good news is that they are usually pretty prompt with shipping so even if you don't getting a shipping notification it will likely show up in 4 or 5 days.
For future reference, with the current difference in the Canadian vs US $ you could likely have gotten a better deal ordering from Chapters in Canada and shipped to you in the US.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2016, 05:04 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I bought from Chapters because of the exchange rate with the US Chapters charged in CAD and Kobo charged in USD. So it was cheaper to buy from Chapters than Kobo. It took 4 days for my H2O to arrive. I did have to call Chapter's customer support to get the tracking number. But that wasn't an issue at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #7
Larla
Addict

Yes -- I saw references to Chapters after I had ordered from Kobo and figured that I could probably have saved some more money but since since there was a slight sale ($20 off) I still got it cheaper than my PW3 which I am returning.

Robko -- Thanks for the feedback on hopefully quick delivery.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:51 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larla View Post
Search for Rakuten kobo ereader store. It is first result.
I get the Kobo store when I do that, not Rakuten US (Rakuten.com).

Assuming you ordered from Kobo then robko's post is spot on in my experience.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #9
Larla
Addict

I received the Order Shipped email this morning and tracking said expected delivery on Tuesday (7/12). However tracking now shows it is in Detroit and the delivery location is in Houston. So I have some hope that it will be sooner then Tuesday.