Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-11-2016, 02:48 AM   #286
Teeny
Enthusiast
Teeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterTeeny can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle PW 11th
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Have a look at the preferences for the plugin. These are in the Metadata Download preferences. You can also configure what fields can be downloaded from each source. Plus, the Goodreads metadata source plugin has configuration to map the Goodreads genre to calibre tags. Check if something in the configuration might be blocking them.

The metadata download merges metadata from multiple sources. I've never looked at what the rules are, so I don't know how the tags are handled.
I have and I had the tags unchecked but even when I did the tags weren't properly downloaded.

As for the map thing I have no idea how to go about it, what should I check and how. I tried adding genres but they options I had for the mapping were the tags from the book I had currently in my library.

And I'm only downloading metadata from GR, nowhere else.
Teeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 04:12 AM   #287
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny View Post
I have and I had the tags unchecked but even when I did the tags weren't properly downloaded.

As for the map thing I have no idea how to go about it, what should I check and how. I tried adding genres but they options I had for the mapping were the tags from the book I had currently in my library.

And I'm only downloading metadata from GR, nowhere else.
The Goodreads genre to calibre tags mapping list is used to convert the genre from Goodreads to your calibre tags. Any genre that does not have a mapping will be ignored. You will need to add any that you are interested in.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 03:40 AM   #288
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
When using Goodreads_rating I find a problem when the rating is x.x0, for example 4.10 the rating show 41.0.

It also happen in this plugin, so if the rating is 4.00 it will show as 5 stars and not 4.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=57

Last edited by oren64; 09-17-2016 at 04:30 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 06:39 AM   #289
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It also happen in this plugin, so if the rating is 4.00 it will show as 5 stars and not 4.
That's not what I am seeing. I've just tested a few and they all got the correct value.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:48 AM   #290
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's not what I am seeing. I've just tested a few and they all got the correct value.

It's happen to me, I install the plagin, download matadata and get 5 stars in those 3 books 3.90, 4.20 and 4.00.

Try this book rating 2.00 I get 5 stars.

Last edited by oren64; 09-17-2016 at 07:45 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #291
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
It's happen to me, I install the plagin, download matadata and get 5 stars in those 3 books 3.90, 4.20 and 4.00.

Try this book rating 2.00 I get 5 stars.
OK, I can see what is happening. It only happens when the rating has only one decimal place. The attached beta should fix the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads-beta.zip (21.7 KB, 211 views)
Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #292
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
@davidfor

Any tips on how to bulk metadata download for goodreads without goodreads ip blocking too many attempts? I just redid all the tags and wanted to updated 2k+ books with goodreads. What I found is that goodreads ip block after 60ish attempts. Is there a work around or is refreshing my ip the only option?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 PM   #293
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@moredrowsy: Sorry, I think the only thing to do is to do them is small batches. Calibre already puts a delay in the fetches trying to stop this from happening, but it probably isn't enough. I can't remember if there is anywhere to configure the amount of time. If there is, it probably is a tweak.
Old 09-20-2016, 08:39 AM   #294
trying
trying doesn't littertrying doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
@davidfor

Any tips on how to bulk metadata download for goodreads without goodreads ip blocking too many attempts? I just redid all the tags and wanted to updated 2k+ books with goodreads. What I found is that goodreads ip block after 60ish attempts. Is there a work around or is refreshing my ip the only option?
I keep saying what the solution is but people don't seem to remember / get it / care?

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=237 and / or my last few previous posts to this topic.
trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #295
moredrowsy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying View Post
I keep saying what the solution is but people don't seem to remember / get it / care?

See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=237 and / or my last few previous posts to this topic.
I didn't see your post because it's buried deep inside 20 pages. Something like this should be sticked in the top post or something. Anyways, I haven't tried your method because I ready recycled enough of my ips to redl the tags for all 2k+ books from goodreads. I'll keep your workaround next time I do another mass metadata update. Thanks.

EDIT:
@trying, I tried your work around. It didn't work. I modified the .py file and tested it on 138 books. The results returned all fail. =/

Last edited by moredrowsy; 09-20-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 AM   #296
trying
trying doesn't littertrying doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
I didn't see your post because it's buried deep inside 20 pages. Something like this should be sticked in the top post or something. Anyways, I haven't tried your method because I ready recycled enough of my ips to redl the tags for all 2k+ books from goodreads. I'll keep your workaround next time I do another mass metadata update. Thanks.

EDIT:
@trying, I tried your work around. It didn't work. I modified the .py file and tested it on 138 books. The results returned all fail. =/
The workaround is easy to test. In a browser visit the bare url of a book for which the Goodreads Metadata plugin fails (like http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/<goodreads ID #>). You should get a 403 Forbidden error.

(Sometimes it will succeed and this just means that there are some goodread pages that the plugin doesn't read correctly or the goodreads wait period has expired.)

Then add some random junk to the end of the url (like http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/<goodreads ID #>randomextrastuff) and your browser should correctly display the page.

If it doesn't then goodreads has finally plugged this loophole (but I would be a bit surprised if this was so).

Last edited by trying; 09-22-2016 at 12:44 AM.
trying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:03 PM   #297
moredrowsy
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying View Post
Then add some random junk to the end of the url (like http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/<goodreads ID #>randomextrastuff) and your browser should correctly display the page.

If it doesn't then goodreads has finally plugged this loophole (but I would be a bit surprised if this was so).
I tried that. Using the ID, followed by adding either - or #. Adding - gives me error page, while adding # gives me a working link. Modifying the plugin with # works but the ip block still happens after 60ish attempts.
Old 10-09-2016, 12:01 PM   #298
Samurai
Enthusiast
Samurai began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4th Gen)
Hello, is there a way to make Calibre get the Goodreads metadata no matter what?

And I mean in automatically getting metadata, because manually ofc I can choose the Goodreads results, but if I have a lot of books to add and don't want to do it individually and manually Calibre will get Google/amazon metadata, and sometimes some of Goodreads too.

I want the GR metatada to be there, mainly because of the tags and links to GR and then if there's google/amazon etc.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #299
Krazykiwi
Zealot
Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krazykiwi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many random androids to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hello, is there a way to make Calibre get the Goodreads metadata no matter what?
Uncheck all the other sources?
Krazykiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #300
Samurai
Enthusiast
Samurai began at the beginning.

Device: iPad (4th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazykiwi View Post
Uncheck all the other sources?
Yeeah I know.. but here's the thing. I DO want the other sources too, especially on covers, because GR covers are too small. :/
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata