Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Refill (SHORT STORY)

So here's a new short story by one of my alter-ego's Jo Moriss.

This story was inspired by Phenomsel who had a dream and then asked me turn that dream into a story.

So here it is, for whatever it's worth (and I had to take some creative license) - Refill by Jo Moriss.

WARNING: HORROR (sort of, well, yeah, it is)

AVAILABLE NOW AT FEEDBOOKS IN ALL MAJOR EBOOK FORMATS

Last edited by Moejoe; 05-18-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you moejoe and phenomshel !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
thank you moejoe and phenomshel !
Oh, and it's horror, so it might not be your cup of tea Madame Zelda
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
Oh, and it's horror, so it might not be your cup of tea Madame Zelda
*deleting immediately*

thanks for the warning !
Old 05-18-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
*deleting immediately*

thanks for the warning !
I'll put a note in the first post, just in case
Advert
Old 05-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Ok, that was good! I only planed to read the first few lines to give me an idea, but I just went right through it. Great story, really.
Phenonshel, I wouldn't qualify this as a dream, it is a real nightmare!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

so, should i stay away from the jo morriss chappie in general then ?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
so, should i stay away from the jo morriss chappie in general then ?

That particular pseudonym deals always with horror and the supernatural, he's nothing like the more whimsical PJ Lyon, who prefers the odd over the scary. So, yes, if you don't like horror, I'd keep away -- although he's not too gory compared to some.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

all rightie then. will avoid jo moriss in future. thanks.

i can't take gore at all, but i have such a horribly overactive imagination that it really doesn't take much to keep me awake (and terrified) for weeks. i still have nightmares or bad memories coming back of things i read / saw / heard about years ago. no need to add more fuel to that fire.

(and yes, i do know i'm a big baby.)
Old 05-18-2009, 06:38 PM   #10
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Moejoe - thanks for that - really good short story.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 PM   #11
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
Ok, that was good! I only planed to read the first few lines to give me an idea, but I just went right through it. Great story, really.
Phenonshel, I wouldn't qualify this as a dream, it is a real nightmare!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Moejoe - thanks for that - really good short story.
Thanks for reading, and glad you both enjoyed it
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
all rightie then. will avoid jo moriss in future. thanks.

i can't take gore at all, but i have such a horribly overactive imagination that it really doesn't take much to keep me awake (and terrified) for weeks. i still have nightmares or bad memories coming back of things i read / saw / heard about years ago. no need to add more fuel to that fire.

(and yes, i do know i'm a big baby.)
Don't worry, I'm the same! I actually woke up two days ago because I dreamed of dinosaurs (Deep down, I'm five years old) and it took me hours to go back to bed!
This story is not so scary, just enough to read it during daytime!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:31 AM   #13
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yea!! Another story to read!! Thanks for sharing (Jo) Moejoe and to phenomshel for the story idea.. A holiday weekend is coming up and I plan on carving out some ME time to just read
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:21 AM   #14
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
LOL I think Zelda would have liked the original a bit better. In that one, I find out Bert Lee is really the ghost of Robert E. Lee, and I wasn't fighting with Scott, nor was he my boyfriend, just a friend I knew. But it wasn't horror in the dream. It was more shock - like "Oh My God, Scott trusts this guy to get him into school but he can't cause he's not real!" but Jo Moriss made scarier than it was in the actual dream, so y'all don't start getting any ideas about my mental state or lack thereof! I saw Jo Moriss' description as "paranormal" and the dream definitely qualified on that count, though. I really like what you did with it, Moe, thanks
If you happen to run out of ideas, let me know. Bizarre dreams are my specialty and I usually remember at least as much as I did with that one.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 AM   #15
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
LOL I think Zelda would have liked the original a bit better. In that one, I find out Bert Lee is really the ghost of Robert E. Lee, and I wasn't fighting with Scott, nor was he my boyfriend, just a friend I knew. But it wasn't horror in the dream. It was more shock - like "Oh My God, Scott trusts this guy to get him into school but he can't cause he's not real!" but Jo Moriss made scarier than it was in the actual dream, so y'all don't start getting any ideas about my mental state or lack thereof! I saw Jo Moriss' description as "paranormal" and the dream definitely qualified on that count, though. I really like what you did with it, Moe, thanks
If you happen to run out of ideas, let me know. Bizarre dreams are my specialty and I usually remember at least as much as I did with that one.
The problem with interpretation is always that, it's an interpretation And my problem is that once a character starts doing their thing, I don't have much control any longer (damn characters, they're worse than errant children).

On top of all that, dreams are the hardest things to capture in a story...they're so....dreamlike

For what's it worth, I hope I kept some of the bits from your dream and we all came out of it at the other end with a couple of minutes of fiction that entertains

EDIT: Oh and PJ is also taking a crack at the story as per your dream, that'll be a lot more 'dreamlike'

DOUBLE EDIT: I'm fine on the ideas front for now, I think I might have too many actually

Last edited by Moejoe; 05-19-2009 at 01:32 AM.