Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
PeterKindle
PeterKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2012
Need help with folder management Kindle - newbie

Hi, this question must have been asked multiple times but despite extensive searching i cannot find the answer. So sorry if this is a duplicate question...

Q : in my Kindle I have a folder in which i store the books that I have read. When I connect to Calibre, Calibre simply shows a list of all books on my device, not split by folder. How can I make Calibre show the folder in which the books on my device are stored ?

Reason for me asking ; I want to delete the books in my 'read' folder on my kindle but I want to make a note in my library on my pc in Calibre that I have already read this book so that I don't put it back on my device by accident again.

I hope my question is clear and thank you in advance for your reply.

Peter
PeterKindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
By "folder" do you mean "collection"?

The information showing what books are in what collections is not stored in a place on the Kindle that is accessible to calibre, so calibre cannot manage Kindle collections.

(I believe that there may be a workaround if your device is jailbroken and you install extra software on the Kindle itself, but I am unsure whether or not this is still possible. See this thread.)
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
PeterKindle
PeterKindle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2012
Thank you, didnt realize that Calibre can't read the collections. Will have to think about something else
PeterKindle is offline   Reply With Quote