Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-25-2015, 09:08 PM   #1
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Easy to get Google Play on Amazon Fire 7 5th gen (the new $50 tablet)

YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-glxYTY8O8

Page with the downloads: http://rootjunkysdl.com/?device=Amaz...re%205th%20gen

Took about 10min. Very easy to do. Video covers everything. All I've done so far is install Gmail, Chrome and Moon+ reader. All appear to work fine.

This is done without "rooting" the device.

I feel much more comfortable putting Google Play Store on the device and then getting my apps from Google than the various other "link here to the apk" type solutions which MAY open you up to malware (not that Google Play is completely free of that risk).
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:51 PM   #2
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Yep, very straight forward. I'm considering removing the Google Play store after I install my paid-for apps on my Fire 7. I don't like the drag on the system by having Google's subsystems running in the background.

For me, temporarily installing Google Play was more convenient than using ES File Explorer on my Android phone, backing the .APK's to dropbox and then downloading them to the Fire and installing.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
This looks pretty slick compared to what I've tried previously, and which didn't really work very well: kept getting all of these alert messages. Might have to try this after getting the Fire OS 5 update for my HD6, although I've kinda gotten used to it as a pure reading device, and while I like to play around with reading apps (not available from Amazon Appstore) I have other devices for doing that.

I also wonder if GPS knows how to update itself, or whether you have to reinstall periodically.

Last edited by tomsem; 01-07-2016 at 08:51 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 02:31 PM   #4
Breathinlady
Zealot
Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Breathinlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Fire HD,HD6,10HD,2 Fire Phones iPod touch, iPad3, Nexus 10
A Big THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-glxYTY8O8

Page with the downloads: http://rootjunkysdl.com/?device=Amaz...re%205th%20gen

Took about 10min. Very easy to do. Video covers everything. All I've done so far is install Gmail, Chrome and Moon+ reader. All appear to work fine.

This is done without "rooting" the device.

I feel much more comfortable putting Google Play Store on the device and then getting my apps from Google than the various other "link here to the apk" type solutions which MAY open you up to malware (not that Google Play is completely free of that risk).
A super big thanks for the way to put Google store on Fire 7. I bought my 2nd Fire on sale for $40, ans was able to go the Google store. I was also able to download apps for Nook, and Google Books. Wow, now all my books in one place. Thanks again ever so much Lee. Hey, folks this is easy to do I am a senior and got it done!
Breathinlady is offline   Reply With Quote