Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2018, 05:25 PM   #1
dtp
dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle PW1
DeepL.com translator. (ACX)

https://www.deepl.com/translator

How to install: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=235859
Follow exactly as by Google Translate installation.
Just don't forget to copy DeepL.acx to [userstore]/system/acw/

Supported languages:
  • German
  • English
  • French
  • Spanish
  • Italian
  • Dutch
  • Polish

Works on PW1 v.5.4.4.2
Don't know if it will work on other kindles/versions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DeepL.acx.zip (11.5 KB, 193 views)
dtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You still have:
Code:
	var _serviceUrlUK = "xxxx";
	var _serviceUrl = "yyyy";
set to dsmid's values for google translate.
Is that what you intended?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
dtp
dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.dtp can eat soup with a fork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You still have:
Code:
	var _serviceUrlUK = "xxxx";
	var _serviceUrl = "yyyy";
set to dsmid's values for google translate.
Is that what you intended?
I used his code for basis for my plugin.
I didn't parse the whole code removing all unneeded bits.
Function getUrl() that calls for these variables isn't called anywhere.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It might be a good idea to remove the dead code.
If only for the sake of anyone that might be maintaining it or re-using the code.

Oh, on the subject of re-use - -
You should probably indicate in the code what license you want applied.
If undecided, then consider the MIT license, which is most frequently used here.
https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
dtp

Quote:
It might be a good idea to remove the dead code.
If only for the sake of anyone that might be maintaining it or re-using the code.
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that.
It works and I'm done with it until it doesn't.

Quote:
Oh, on the subject of re-use - -
You should probably indicate in the code what license you want applied.
If undecided, then consider the MIT license, which is most frequently used here.
https://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
Since I copied code from dsmid, who in turn copied it from Amazon, I don't think there are any licenses that I can apply here.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that.
It works and I'm done with it until it doesn't.

Since I copied code from dsmid, who in turn copied it from Amazon, I don't think there are any licenses that I can apply here.
Not very responsible.

Even less responsible.
Just because you are the second or third level of stolen code, it is still stolen code.
You wouldn't by chance be from China would you?
Old 05-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #7
dtp

Quote:
Not very responsible.

Even less responsible.
Just because you are the second or third level of stolen code, it is still stolen code.
You wouldn't by chance be from China would you?
I can't understand, what do you expect of me? That I will spend days writing new plugin completely from scratch? Considering this was my first encounter with JS.
Do I try to sell it? - No.
I made it for personal use, and posted it here in case somebody would prefer it to Amazon's plugin.

In case you haven't noticed, we're finding ourselves in Kindle Developer's Corner which reads Linux, hacking and development of software and hardware
Did you try to teach dsmid how he used Amazon's code without permission? No? Why not? What about others?

When you'll have something constructive to say, you're welcome, otherwise - no thanks.

P.S.
Your racial undertone you can stick up yours.