Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-28-2017, 07:02 PM   #91
lucida
Enthusiast
lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: PW3
I was able to hide the old KUAL entry by:

Code:
cd /var/local
sqlite3 cc.db 'update entries set p_isvisibleinhome=0 where p_location="/mnt/us/documents/KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2"'
tried to delete the whole entry but failed, got an error of unsupported collation "icu".
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:23 AM   #92
ammadeusy
ammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: pw3 & pw4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
  1. ...
  2. ...
  3. "Reset (to factory defaults)"
  4. At this point, the coplate "Master Hotfix Package" could have saved the day for you.
hello @knc1. so I did everything until step 4, shit. let me describe.

1-i received a pw3 5.8.10.1 (G090G1),
2-put it on airplane mode
3-reset it
4-downgraded it to 5.7.4 initial
5-installed main-htmlviewer.tar.gz
6-installed Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin (maybe a restart happened)
7-activated wifi and connected to internet
8-installed kual (file was showing in the library as a DEV item)
9-some stuff started running, like the 5.9.2 update and syncing to my girlfriends amazon account, because she bought it to me.
10-de-registered the kindle
11-registered to my account
12-problems with kual to run.
13-update to 5.9.2 requested a restart.
14-no signal of kual to run correctly
15-after some 2 hours i decided, stupidly, to reset to factory status and restart the process. bad mistake.
16-no success at all
17-tried the Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin, sucess, jailbreak is listed in the root directory, but nothing else is happening.

did I lock the kindle to Amazon's environment? can it be reversed?

thank you!

Last edited by ammadeusy; 11-30-2017 at 09:39 AM.
ammadeusy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:57 AM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
No, you just have to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
None of our add-ins are protected across updates, you must always re-install them.
For packages that do not install with UYK, you can use MrPI with the search bar command: ;log mrpi

For 5.9.2, report in detail any problems you have, because:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break
If jailbroken on an earlier firmware version, the jailbreak is known to survive the update to either 5.8.8, 5.8.9, 5.8.9.2, 5.8.10, 5.8.11.
Untested with an update to 5.9.2

Last edited by knc1; 11-30-2017 at 10:00 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:45 PM   #94
ammadeusy
ammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blueammadeusy can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Quote:
For packages that do not install with UYK, you can use MrPI with the search bar command: ;log mrpi
i was missing that. i was trying to install KUAL *.bin directly at the root, but the command saved me. i had no clue that it could work.

Quote:
For 5.9.2, report in detail any problems you have, because:
work as a charm, the process. the problem was that i changed the registration of kindle and decided to use reset after getting to 5.9.2 and kual not working. After thatI was forced to use @coplate's method to correct the JB back to 5.9.2. so the downgrade was successful.

as well, i completely forgot that I needed to install KOreader and confuse it with KUAL itself. so I thought after KUAL, KOReader should magically run. dont know why...

anyway, KOReader is running under KUAL 2.7.2 in my Kindle 5.9.2 PW3 G090G1.

obs.: i would like to highly suggest that the error of de-registering to be described at the tutorial. it would have helped me... hehe.

thanks a lot!
Old 12-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #95
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadeusy View Post
i was missing that. i was trying to install KUAL *.bin directly at the root, but the command saved me. i had no clue that it could work.
Meaning you forgot this part:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jail Break, step #8
KOA and KT3 owners:
You must run the installer with your new, search bar command: ;log mrpi
Other models covered in this thread may do the same or may run it from KUAL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammadeusy View Post
- - - - -
obs.: i would like to highly suggest that the error of de-registering to be described at the tutorial. it would have helped me... hehe.

thanks a lot!
The directions are already long enough that you are forgetting parts of them.
You really think I should make them longer?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:24 AM   #96
ammadeusy

Quote:
Meaning you forgot this part: (...)KOA and KT3 owners: (...)
I immediately skipped it because of the KOA/KT3 mention.

Quote:
You really think I should make them longer?
It was just a suggestion. thanks anyway. have a nice day.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:05 AM   #97
DexSK
DexSK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hello all,

running Kindle PW3 firmware 5.9.2., the nomax binfile is not working for me. Is anyone working on a method to downgrade/jailbreak this firmware?
Thanks alot
DexSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:45 AM   #98
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
My friend updated his jailbroken PW3 to 5.9.2 (and then regret it - he had been better off following my suggestion to stick to 5.8.11 which is a much better fw at all...). But the "nomax" hotfix worked for him. (He now "only" has lost the ability to run kindlets like e.g. for VlasovSoft's tools directly from the library view alternatively with the "loop way" via KUAL, and the overall performance of the device dropped siginificantly.)

Has your device been jailbroken on an earlier firmware? If not: no chance. 5.9.2 can't be jailbroken. Only applying the hotfix won't work if the jb signature certificate isn't on the device. And this can only be "injected" via the initial factory fw and the ";installHtml" command.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 12:47 AM   #99
DexSK
DexSK began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
My friend updated his jailbroken PW3 to 5.9.2 (and then regret it - he had been better off following my suggestion to stick to 5.8.11 which is a much better fw at all...). But the "nomax" hotfix worked for him. (He now "only" has lost the ability to run kindlets like e.g. for VlasovSoft's tools directly from the library view alternatively with the "loop way" via KUAL, and the overall performance of the device dropped siginificantly.)

Has your device been jailbroken on an earlier firmware? If not: no chance. 5.9.2 can't be jailbroken. Only applying the hotfix won't work if the jb signature certificate isn't on the device. And this can only be "injected" via the initial factory fw and the ";installHtml" command.
it has been jailbroken successfully on 5.7.4, then I updated the firmware up to 5.9.2 as they released the updates. Next my Kual stopped working properly (it did "work", but librariansync failed to update collections as requested by calibre). I managed to hit the stupid bullshit mark, did a factory reset, now I'm stuck with fw 5.9.2 with failures to downgrade back to 5.7.4 and I'm getting update error 007 when trying the nomax hotfix. If it helps somehow, I can post the ;dm log output here.

Btw thanks for any effort
DexSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:50 AM   #100
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexSK View Post
it has been jailbroken successfully on 5.7.4, then I updated the firmware up to 5.9.2 as they released the updates. Next my Kual stopped working properly (it did "work", but librariansync failed to update collections as requested by calibre). I managed to hit the stupid bullshit mark, did a factory reset, now I'm stuck with fw 5.9.2 with failures to downgrade back to 5.7.4 and I'm getting update error 007 when trying the nomax hotfix. If it helps somehow, I can post the ;dm log output here.

The reset followed without a hotfix by an update has wiped out your jail break. Your only option now is serial port jail break.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #101
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexSK View Post

if the nomax hotfix isnt workign on your PW3, it may have lost the ability - but just hitting reset once shoudl not wipe the jailbreak itself.

please do try to install the hotfix again and provide the logs form ';dm'
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:02 PM   #102
whoiam
whoiam began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis&paperwhite3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Here is a hotfix build that shoudl work on all currently known touch models, and any software version. As long as the device has been jailbroken.

This is a version of the Hotfix for touch devices that will run on normal software versions ( not just the factory ). I have verified on my PW3 that the jailbreak itself remains through the rest process, but I needed this package to re-install the hotfix.

Spoiler:

Code:
Made with this command

$ KT_WITH_UNKNOWN_DEVCODES=1 ./kindletool create ota2 -d touch -d paperwhite -d paperwhite2 -d paperwhite3 -d 26D -d 26E -d 26F -d 270 -d 293 -d 294 -d basic -d voyage -d oasis -d 219 -d 21A -d 21B -d 21C -d basic2 -d kindle5  -O -s 0 -t 18446744073709551615   Update_jailbrea
k_hotfix_1.14.N_install_converted.tar.gz Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin

$ ./kindletool convert -i Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin
Checking update package 'Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin'.
Bundle         SP01 (Signing Envelope)
Cert number    0
Cert file      pubdevkey01.pem (Developer)
Bundle         FC04 (OTA [ota])
Bundle Type    OTA V2
Minimum OTA    0
Target OTA     18446744073709551615

I have forked kindletool to allow me to retain software type FC04, and set all these values.
-------------------------------
When use this Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bin, i got the "Update Error:007"

From your command, it seems use the "Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install.bi n", but in fact, i use the "JailBreak-1.15.N-FW-5.x-hotfix.zip" before,
Is is error reason?
whoiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #103
DoNoEvil
DoNoEvil doesn't litterDoNoEvil doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytsejam1138 View Post
Ok, so I put the file Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14_nomax_install in the mrpackages folder. I then ejected the Kindle from my PC and ran ;log mrpi from the search bar. It appears to run and then reboot. Upon I reboot I tapped the KUAL icon and I still get the error message:

Application Error

"The selected application could not be started. Please try again."
This thread helped solve the problem for me, so I thought a summary of what I had to do might help someone else...

Previously jailbroken Kindle Paperwhite PW3 now running 5.9.7 -> KUAL Application Error :-(

Deleted \Documents\KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2

File Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin
Put in the root of the USB and used 'update your kindle'
- Failed & the file was deleted by the OS

File Update_KUALBooklet_v2.7_install_nomax_KOA2.bin
Put in the root of the USB and used 'update your kindle'
- Worked & KUAL started OK, but my screensavers still didn't appear

File Update_linkss_0.24.N_install_pw2_kt2_kv_pw3_koa_kt 3.bin
Put it in the \mrpackages directory, eject USB, and search ;log mrpi

Tah-dah!

BTW thanks to the Developers for being so patient with everyone
DoNoEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #104
Sol Arkite
Zealot
Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Sol Arkite can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KV; PW3 ; PW2 ; k5; KT2
Quote:
No, you just have to:
"search bar command: ;log mrpi " was very helpful for me. I updated my wife's KT2 to 5.10.2. I thought i broke the jailbreak. But with the help of this thread I reinstalled MKK and Screensaver hack. That works again.

However, I still can't get KUAL to work. Any advice? I read somewhere in another thread that KUAL can be version specific for KT2 but It never gave me an idea about what version or where to find it.

Last edited by Sol Arkite; 01-10-2019 at 05:02 PM.
Sol Arkite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 11:41 PM   #105
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Bumping this old thread as a heads up that I am going to be cancelling my web hosting in the upcoming year. Probably not in 2022, but some time next year.

If there are any of these packages that are still useful, feel free to mirror them anywhere.

I Think most of these packages are updated as attachments in mobileread, but I didn't want to try to search too deap, since the search software doesn't seem to have got much better.

If you want to search, you can do a search for 'ficfeed.com', and any packages there are free reign to host anywhere else.

Last edited by coplate; 10-23-2022 at 11:43 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote