Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 05:24 AM   #16
Psmith0182
Enthusiast
Psmith0182 began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Do you mean that CC's Cloud Connection will not download books to CC's library? If so, what does CC say?

My guess is that the library is not yet fully synced. By that I mean that the metadata.db file is there but the actual books aren't there yet. To check this, look in the dropbox folder using the web browser and navigate down into an author folder. Pick one of the titles and navigate into that. If there is a book format in that folder then note the title and look for that title in CC. CC should be able to download that book.

Another less accurate way to check is to look for books that have the correct cover images, not the CC default. If the cover has been synced to dropbox then there is a good chance that the book formats have been synced as well.

this is just weird...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-19-14.png
Views:	164
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	158475   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-19-49.png
Views:	165
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	158476   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-21-25.png
Views:	163
Size:	207.9 KB
ID:	158477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-21-50.png
Views:	161
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	158478   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-22-05.png
Views:	187
Size:	227.1 KB
ID:	158479  
Psmith0182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 AM   #17
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Those don't look like calibre names and it doesn't look like a calibre folder structure...
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 AM   #18
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

wellllllll seeing as how I went to those folders when I opened up calibre companion...not sure how it couldn't be. the first image was showing that it was synced to my dropbox.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #19
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Those don't look like calibre names and it doesn't look like a calibre folder structure...
here. straight from CC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-47-31.png
Views:	156
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	158480   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-47-43.png
Views:	155
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	158481   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture+_2017-08-16-05-47-57.png
Views:	159
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	158482  
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 AM   #20
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The error says that the book is not in the Dropbox folder, so it hasn't arrived yet. In addition it is showing the default cover, not your book cover, more evidence the book hasn't synced.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CC knows about the metadata for books as soon as the metadata.db file arrives. The books must also arrive.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #22
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
CC knows about the metadata for books as soon as the metadata.db file arrives. The books must also arrive.
it says my dropbox has finished syncing the files
Old 08-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #23
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

how long does it take for it to sync? installed and everything like 1-2 days ago....there should be something showing how much longer it will take, right? or some indicator that it hasn't synced, other than something a user who has already succeeded in having everything set up would know?
Old 08-16-2017, 06:04 AM   #24
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
you said checkmarks show it's synced, right?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	filllll.png
Views:	180
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	158483  
Old 08-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #25
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith0182 View Post
you said checkmarks show it's synced, right?
I make no guarantees about what Dropbox does.

Did you do the steps I suggested in post 14?
Quote:
My guess is that the library is not yet fully synced. By that I mean that the metadata.db file is there but the actual books aren't there yet. To check this, look in the dropbox folder using the web browser and navigate down into an author folder. Pick one of the titles and navigate into that. If there is a book format in that folder then note the title and look for that title in CC. CC should be able to download that book.

Another less accurate way to check is to look for books that have the correct cover images, not the CC default. If the cover has been synced to dropbox then there is a good chance that the book formats have been synced as well.
You can also do this check by picking a book in CC and trying to download it. If the download fails then open Dropbox in the web browser and navigate to that book folder. I am 99% certain that the book files won't be there unless they arrived in the last few seconds, in which case the download should now work.

If they are then send me a CC debug log. The FAQ How do I get help? tells you how to do that. That said, I am rather sure that I am going to see Dropbox telling CC that the book file does not exist.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
how long does it take for it to sync? installed and everything like 1-2 days ago....there should be something showing how much longer it will take, right? or some indicator that it hasn't synced, other than something a user who has already succeeded in having everything set up would know?
The Dropbox control panel has some information about what it is doing. The "Recent Files" shows what it last uploaded. The line at the bottom of the dialog should tell you whether it is working.

As for how long it should take, that depends on how much data you are uploading. I have seen sync times of multiple days.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:30 AM   #27
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

what's your email?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:31 AM   #28
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
what's your email?
When you select CC's Send a debug log the email address is already filled in.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #29
Psmith0182
Enthusiast

Quote:
When you select CC's Send a debug log the email address is already filled in.

you are the one that gets it?
Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
you are the one that gets it?
Yes. I received both copies you sent.

The logs show that the Dropbox is reporting that the files are not there. For privacy reasons I I will send you the detail by email.