Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 11:40 AM   #1
LewieJ
LewieJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Cannot update from 0.7.14 to 0.7.17

New computer. I downloaded 714 because I could not install 717. 714 works fine but when I try to upgrade to 717 I get the same message I got when I could not install 717 initially:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Thanks for any assistance.

Lew
LewieJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

welcome to mobileread ....

Have you downloaded the correct installation according to your OS ?

Did you delete the existing version first ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
LewieJ

Yes, I downloaded the Windows version as I am running Win 7. As it is a new PC, I did not have an earlier version.

Thanks for your reply.

Lew
Old 09-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It sounds as if you have a corrupt download.

As downloads tend to get cached, you need to make sure you clear your browsers cache before trying again. Even better if possible would be to use a different PC to try the download again.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:31 PM   #5
LewieJ

Thanks. It must have been corrupted as I deleted the file and downloaded it again and it installed correctly.

Lew
Advert