Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-26-2023, 03:06 AM   #31
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Amazon Photos -- exp 07 Jul -- credit exp 12 Jul
  • Get $15 Credit -- when you back up photos w/ Amz Photos -- new customers only -- YMMV
Quote:
Get a $15 Amazon credit for Prime Day when you back up your photos with Amazon Photos

Eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload a photo for the first time to the Amazon Photos app are eligible for a $15 promotional credit off their first eligible order of $30 or more on Amazon.com.

Offer is only eligible on purchases during Prime Day between July 11, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. (PT) and July 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload a photo for the first time to the Amazon Photos app are eligible for a $15 promotional credit off their first eligible order of $30 or more on Amazon.com.

• Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 7, 2023.
      • Offer only applies to eligible Amazon Prime customers who upload at least one photo through the Amazon Photos app for the first time.
      • Customers who were forwarded this offer from parties other than Amazon may not be eligible for this offer.
      • You will receive an e-mail from Amazon within 4 days confirming when the promotional credit has been applied to your customer account with instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
      Offer is only eligible on purchases during Prime Day between July 11, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. (PT) and July 12, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (PT).
      • Promotional credit will expire at 11:59 p.m. (PT) July 12, 2023.
      • Offer only applies to an order over $30 of products sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for "sold by Amazon.com" or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if "fulfilled by Amazon.com" or "Prime Eligible."
      • Taxes, shipping and handling, and gift wrap charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
      • Offer does not apply to digital content or Amazon Gift Cards.
      • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold.
      • Offer may not be combined with other offers.
      • Offer limited to one per customer and account. The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $15.
      • This offer is available to Prime members only.
      • This offer is not available to Prime trial members.
      • Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
      • Shipping charges and taxes may apply to discounted and free promotional items.
      • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
      • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.
      • Offer good while supplies last.
      • Content must be in a recognizable file type. Uploads that are not in a recognizable file type will not be eligible for the promotion.
      • Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
      • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 06-26-2023 at 03:10 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 05:12 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

NOTE

This will be my last Prime Day. Because of an ongoing issue I'm having with Amazon Wireless (a Prime benefit), I will NOT renew my Prime subscription in Nov.

I'll still contribute to this thread, but I won't be starting any future Prime Day threads.

tm
Advert
Old 06-30-2023, 08:31 PM   #33
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

How to win a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card, just by signing up for the Amazon News newsletter

In case anyone's interested in this huge Prime benefit. Multi-billion dollar Amazon is giving away a whole $250. Sure hope they don't raise the price for Prime to cover this huge hit to their bottom line.

Quote:
Sign up by 11:59 p.m. PDT, July 31, for exclusive news that takes you inside Amazon, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a $5 Amazon Gift Card.

~~~~~

Want even more reason to sign up? Now through 11:59 p.m. PDT, July 31, we’re giving away $5 Amazon.com Gift Cards* to 50 random newsletter subscribers.
Old 07-01-2023, 09:54 AM   #34
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How to win a $5 Amazon.com Gift Card, just by signing up for the Amazon News newsletter

In case anyone's interested in this huge Prime benefit. Multi-billion dollar Amazon is giving away a whole $250. Sure hope they don't raise the price for Prime to cover this huge hit to their bottom line.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 01:32 PM   #35
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Thanks, @tubemonkey, for all the hard work you put into MobileRead! I am also soured on Amazon for various reasons... only keeping Prime so that spouse can watch the latest season of Jack Ryan. "Prime Day" seems to go on year-round and is duplicated by all other retailers, so what's the real benefit??
Quote:
NOTE

This will be my last Prime Day. Because of an ongoing issue I'm having with Amazon Wireless (a Prime benefit), I will NOT renew my Prime subscription in Nov.

I'll still contribute to this thread, but I won't be starting any future Prime Day threads.

tm
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2023, 02:20 PM   #36
Gotadimple
Zealot
Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gotadimple ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Thanks, @tubemonkey, for all the hard work you put into MobileRead! I am also soured on Amazon for various reasons... only keeping Prime so that spouse can watch the latest season of Jack Ryan. "Prime Day" seems to go on year-round and is duplicated by all other retailers, so what's the real benefit??
Tubemonkey: what ngrant said.
To answer the question: what's the real benefit of Prime Day? Now it's almost none unless you are following items which are not available on other shopping sites. That is pretty much the Amazon brands.
Gotadimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 02:41 PM   #37
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I may well drop it with our next renewal period.

We're not making nearly as many purchases as in the past (as well as being able to get free shipping elsewhere), and the only other benefit we use at all is Prime Video, and it generally ranks last of other services we subscribe to (though there are a few pearls to be found there).

The only Prime Day(s) deals I'm watching for are KU subscription discounts (for existing subscribers), and possibly a deal on the new Fire 11 Max.

Last edited by tomsem; 07-01-2023 at 07:41 PM.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 06:49 PM   #38
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF you only use Prime for purchases then it is a Waste of Money. Non-Prime gets Free shipping just by spending $35! An in this day in age inflation & all that's Easy! 1 month out of the year you can get a Free 30-day trial of Prime to pick up Specials only for prime members. Like Free Audio & unlimited & Music. Even though the Prime ends in 30 days the Freebies continue.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 02:08 AM   #39
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Gift Card -- exp 10 Jul -- credit exp 25 Aug
  • Get $5 Credit -- when you buy $50 Amz GC -- while supplies last -- YMMV

This offer is now live - see here for details

I was able to get it. I gifted the GC to myself and received the GC and the $5 credit within 5 minutes.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:22 AM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
To answer the question: what's the real benefit of Prime Day? Now it's almost none unless you are following items which are not available on other shopping sites. That is pretty much the Amazon brands.
Thanks, I appreciate it. I kept Prime mainly for Prime Video, but that's easily replaced. I was also getting 5% back for shopping on Amazon with my Prime Visa card. But when I lose Prime that card should revert to Amazon Visa with 3% back.

Now with quite a few stores doing the Black Friday in July bit and some even price matching Amazon, one is not locked into Prime to get a good deal. Other than that $100 invite TV (if I get picked), Prime Day is stacking up to be very underwhelming.

Still waiting to see what Best Buy, Target, and Walmart reveal.
Old 07-04-2023, 02:31 PM   #41
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
NOTE

I really appreciate all the work you've put into these threads, even if Prime Day's largely sucked through most of its existence. I don't know how you had the time and patience to do it, but it was greatly appreciated!

Quote:
[B]In case anyone's interested in this huge Prime benefit. Multi-billion dollar Amazon is giving away a whole $250. Sure hope they don't raise the price for Prime to cover this huge hit to their bottom line.
Well shit, that's probably going to lead to a $25 a year price increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
Even a lot of Amazon brands stuff's available on other shopping sites, because they do so many knockoffs of popular products. You can just find the originals (or other knockoffs of it) elsewhere. I bought a tablet stand years ago, a neat little one that folds up nice and compact. When I needed another one a few years later, I had to buy an Amazon Basics version that's an exact duplicate, except having Amazon's branding on it.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 08:48 AM   #42
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Video Channels -- exp 12 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT
Quote:
Prime Video Channels is the Prime benefit that lets you choose your channels. Only members can add 100+ more channels — no cable required. Cancel anytime.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-07-2023 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2023, 10:16 AM   #43
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
I really appreciate all the work you've put into these threads, even if Prime Day's largely sucked through most of its existence. I don't know how you had the time and patience to do it, but it was greatly appreciated!
Thanks, I appreciate that. As for the time spent, I'm big on multi-tasking. I frequently post while watching videos, listening to music, or reading the news.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:30 PM   #44
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Prime Video Channels -- exp 12 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT
Woo hoo - I was bracing myself to pay full price for Acorn and PBS Masterpiece! And they're back to 99 cents from $1.99 last year - life is sweet!
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2023, 04:08 AM   #45
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Wondery+ -- limited time
Quote:
Prime Day Special Offer

3 MONTHS FREE, THEN $4.99 per month

Cancel anytime. Renews automatically.

Free trials are limited to new customers only. When your free trial ends, your account will be charged the fee associated with the plan you selected ($4.99/monthly). To avoid auto-renewal of your plan and the related charge, cancel at least 24 hours before the free trial or current billing period ends. Other terms apply.
Quote:
Wondery is an American podcast network and publisher of numerous award-winning podcasts, including Dirty John, Dr. Death, and The Shrink Next Door. Wondery was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and media executive Hernan Lopez. The company was launched with backing from 20th Century Fox (now 20th Century Studios). In late 2020, it was announced that Wondery had been purchased and is now owned by Amazon Music.

Several of Wondery’s podcasts have been adapted for television, including Dirty John. Wondery has two premium subscription options, Wondery+ and Wondery+ Kids.