Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #91
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I saw the prices and it's really hard not to just snap one up now, but I'll be patient.
Black Thursday is just 5 weeks away, so hang in there.

I wonder if B&N plans to refresh any of their devices? Time's ticking away. To have a successful holiday season, companies need to have their devices on store shelves by Black Friday.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #92
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Black Thursday is just 5 weeks away, so hang in there.

I wonder if B&N plans to refresh any of their devices? Time's ticking away. To have a successful holiday season, companies need to have their devices on store shelves by Black Friday.
Eh, it doesn't matter. Nook is out of the running after further research, so you can take my wishlist entry off.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #93
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Eh, it doesn't matter. Nook is out of the running after further research, so you can take my wishlist entry off.
You do know that B&N will be devastated by this news. Let's not tell them until after the holidays. Would hate to ruin their Christmas.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #94
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You do know that B&N will be devastated by this news. Let's not tell them until after the holidays. Would hate to ruin their Christmas.
Maybe they should have thought about that when not responding to my support chat.

Actually, it's because the collections (bookshelves, whatever) apparently can't be managed from calibre. My Sony spoiled me by working exactly the way I wanted right out of the box. It looks like Kobo would do the job, but if I'm going to pay that much I'd be better off to just buy a T2 off Amazon instead. I was enticed by the Nook prices, but features are more important.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #95
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Maybe they should have thought about that when not responding to my support chat.

Actually, it's because the collections (bookshelves, whatever) apparently can't be managed from calibre. My Sony spoiled me by working exactly the way I wanted right out of the box. It looks like Kobo would do the job, but if I'm going to pay that much I'd be better off to just buy a T2 off Amazon instead. I was enticed by the Nook prices, but features are more important.
Understandable. My only requirement in an ereader is the ability to get Kindle library books.

I do plan to add the Sonys to the list, but populating all those posts with links is time consuming.
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #96
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Understandable. My only requirement in an ereader is the ability to get Kindle library books.

I do plan to add the Sonys to the list, but populating all those posts with links is time consuming.
I keep hoping that Sony will make the black T2 available again soon. It's still "coming soon" on the US Sony site, and I've given my email address to be notified. It's still listed there at $99, just can't actually buy it. They need to stop teasing me.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #97
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

After looking again, I'm leaning back towards the Nook. (I'm a woman, it's expected.) I think I can work around the limitations. I really do like them. And it's time to move into the frontlight world.

Edit - no need to update the wishlist. I just found out that Santa, in the form of a beloved friend, has gotten me a Nook Glow for Christmas.

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 10-23-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #98
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
I'm aware of Pike Place Market, the original Starbucks, and the Space Needle. My wife wants to see Puget Sound and I'd like to see Mount Rainier. I hit Mt. St. Helens when I was in Portland (both times). We've discussed taking a train up to Vancouver, but haven't made definite plans. I may hit you up for more suggestions via PM when we get closer to our trip.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #99
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I keep hoping that Sony will make the black T2 available again soon. It's still "coming soon" on the US Sony site, and I've given my email address to be notified. It's still listed there at $99, just can't actually buy it. They need to stop teasing me.
Did you see the following thread? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=225408

I'm not sure if they have black or if you're willing to do refurb or not. I love my T1... I'll have to see the T3 when it comes out to see if it's worth upgrading.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:32 PM   #100
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I'm not sure if they have black or if you're willing to do refurb or not. I love my T1... I'll have to see the T3 when it comes out to see if it's worth upgrading.
The T3 is out, but it's not getting a US release at all according to Sony.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #101
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The T3 is out, but it's not getting a US release at all according to Sony.
Well! Poo on Sony!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #102
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I'm obviously prejudiced, but it's an outdoor paradise - mountains, forests, lakes, rivers, and ocean - that's Seattle; and that's why I live here
And that's why, as the former soul of a lemur with excellent karma, I chose to be reincarnated as a human and born in Washington State.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:57 AM   #103
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
And that's why, as the former soul of a lemur with excellent karma, I chose to be reincarnated as a human and born in Washington State.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #104
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy's Black Friday page is up -- Best Buy

According to that page, Best Buy will not open on Thanksgiving Day. They plan to have both online and in-store sales on Fri 29 Oct. They're bucking the trend of opening on Thanksgiving at 8pm.

We'll see if they actually follow through with this.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #105
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

One Black Friday website came up with a list of projected dates for ad leaks.

When to expect your favorite store's ad to be leaked...

Quote:
Just took the data from the past 7 years including when the ad was leaked and what day Black Friday fell on.

Based on these numbers and this year's Black Friday date (November 29th), here is the "average" day you can expect these ads this year:

Sears - 11/4
Gander Mountain - 11/9
OfficeMax - 11/10
Kmart - 11/11
Lowe's - 11/11
Kohl's - 11/12
Walgreens - 11/12
CVS Pharmacy - 11/13
JCPenney - 11/13
Bass Pro Shops - 11/14
Target - 11/14
Best Buy - 11/15