Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #76
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Online BF shopping isn't stressful. Streaming music and sipping tea while surfing the deals can be quite relaxing. Give it a shot this year.
My favorite way to shop
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #77
wawasteele
Addict
wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wawasteele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 1st PW, Sansa Clip Zip, Samsungs: GT 7.0 Plus, Note4, GT 4 10.1"
Quote:
Online BF shopping isn't stressful. Streaming music and sipping tea while surfing the deals can be quite relaxing. Give it a shot this year.
I shop that way too.

Also, another great way to shop is to add my list to my grown daughters' lists! They always go. I agree to babysit, if they do the shopping!
wawasteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 10:20 PM   #78
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
I don't touch a store or mall after Thanksgiving besides a grocery store.

I start Christmas shopping in July. I've never shopped on BF I don't have the nerves for it.

It's a tradition for my sister to go out that day, but she's always been a little crazy.
I used to go and hit a couple of places on Black Friday, but I haven't seen any deals in the last 5 years or so to make me want to get up in the wee hours of the morning.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:11 AM   #79
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
I'd give it a try if tea sipping weren't so stressful. You never know whether your tea bringer has managed to serve it to you at a lip-friendly temperature.

Personally, I enjoy having lips.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:49 AM   #80
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I'd give it a try if tea sipping weren't so stressful. You never know whether your tea bringer has managed to serve it to you at a lip-friendly temperature.

Personally, I enjoy having lips.
But hot is good. I prefer a cup of steaming clam chowder with a hunk of sourdough bread while ordering, because Black Fridays here in Seattle tend to fall on cold, dark, drizzly days.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #81
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Quote:
a cup of steaming clam chowder with a hunk of sourdough bread
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 03:03 AM   #82
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
That triggered a Pavlovian response in me - now I want some
Old 10-23-2013, 03:25 AM   #83
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Shipping -- Returns -- Price Matching

One way to get free shipping is through a loyalty program (reward cards, memberships, etc). Some of these cost money to join and some don't. Additionally, many of these programs offer other perks such as cash back and expedited deliveries. Take Staples for example; shipping is free for all Staples Rewards members (which is free to join). If you're not a member, you'll need a $45 minimum order to qualify for free shipping.

Free Shipping Methods
  • loyalty programs (free & paid memberships)
  • minimum orders
  • ship-to-store
  • in-store orders
  • ShopRunner for US AmEx cardholders --> details

Black Friday -- shipping -- returns -- price matching

• Shipping: shipping= free ship-to-store / shipping= no ship-to-store / ($50)= min order for free shipping / (FNA)= free shipping not available / (FSI)= free shipping for select items / (ONA)= online shopping not available
  • Returns: returns= opened returns / returns= unopened returns / (30d)= post purchase
  • Price Match: match= other stores / match= store only / match= no matching / match= suspended for BF / (15d)= post purchase

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:03 AM   #84
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
But hot is good. I prefer a cup of steaming clam chowder with a hunk of sourdough bread while ordering, because Black Fridays here in Seattle tend to fall on cold, dark, drizzly days.
I only emphasized the perils of tea drinking because I found the idea amusing: Daredevil sipping while net shopping (possibly while descending a rope into a roomful of mustachioed toughs with guns).

I hadn't known we were state-neighbors, since I hail from Portlandia originally (after Vancouver B.C.).

But yes, I'm partial to tea, borscht and hot things -- not only as a Northwesterner and proto-Canadian but as a person with maternal Russian grandparents -- people who seemed always to be eating kasha or soup in their stories whenever the bad guys showed up on perennially snowy days.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:20 AM   #85
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I hadn't known we were state-neighbors, since I hail from Portlandia originally (after Vancouver B.C.).
Portland's a great city. Been there many times to visit friends. In years past when I did the physical store thing, I'd do my Black Friday shopping there. Great way to visit friends and avoid sales tax.

Interesting association with the bad guys. I think of Pier 54 whenever I do clam chowder

Old 10-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #86
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm keeping an eye on the Nook Glow & Touch.

My T1 is still going strong, but it makes me nervous not having a replacement plan already in place. With T3 not being an option and T2s being scarce, Nook is the next in line for me.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #87
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm keeping an eye on the Nook Glow & Touch.
Added to wish list.

They're both on sale this week for $20 off. The Touch is $59 and the Glow is $79.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #88
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Added to wish list.

They're both on sale this week for $20 off. The Touch is $59 and the Glow is $79.
Thanks. Yeah, I saw the prices and it's really hard not to just snap one up now, but I'll be patient.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #89
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Portland's a great city. Been there many times to visit friends. In years past when I did the physical store thing, I'd do my Black Friday shopping there. Great way to visit friends and avoid sales tax.

Interesting association with the bad guys. I think of Pier 54 whenever I do clam chowder

I agree. I went to Portland several years ago on business and when I found out one of my wife's conferences was there a couple of years ago, I tagged along with her. I love that area. I'll actually be tagging along with her to Seattle for another conference in late February, early March. Never been to Seattle before.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #90
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I agree. I went to Portland several years ago on business and when I found out one of my wife's conferences was there a couple of years ago, I tagged along with her. I love that area. I'll actually be tagging along with her to Seattle for another conference in late February, early March. Never been to Seattle before.
Seattle's great; but expect cold, rainy days that time of year. Be sure to visit Pike Place Market and watch them throw fish. It amuses the tourists. Depending on how much free time you have and the weather, there are lots of cool places to go and neat things to do.

Seattle has a metro population of about 4 million people and is a major shipping port, located about 100 miles south of the Canadian border. It sits between Puget Sound on the west and Lake Washington on the east. Snow-capped mountains to the west (Olympics) and east (Cascades) further frame the city. Mt Rainier, a 14,411 foot snow-capped active volcano, looms on the SE horizon 54 miles away.

I'm obviously prejudiced, but it's an outdoor paradise - mountains, forests, lakes, rivers, and ocean - that's Seattle; and that's why I live here

-end travelogue-