Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
5.7.2. Get rid of the top line?

Hi

I have been unwillingly "upgraded" to 5.7.2.

I wish the top line (mainly the battery icon and the clock on the top right) not to be displayed because it is useless for me. Is it possible to do it?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:29 AM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
It is not there when you read. It is there only when you tap the top of the page so you can adjust the fonts, go to a page etc. Now it is there on the home page all the time.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
It is not there when you read. It is there only when you tap the top of the page so you can adjust the fonts, go to a page etc. Now it is there on the home page all the time.
Yes but this difference makes that it's here when I read a book with Koreader while it was not here before... It just pops up after a few seconds, say when I reached the middle of the page. It disappears after page turn and comes back the same.

Very irritating...

Last edited by roger64; 03-05-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
So you have jail broke your reading. For the life of me I do not know why but to each their own.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
kalyy
Enthusiast
kalyy began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Update koreader, I have the latest nightly release and this issue is fixed.
kalyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2016, 01:25 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger64 View Post
Yes but this difference makes that it's here when I read a book with Koreader while it was not here before... It just pops up after a few seconds, say when I reached the middle of the page. It disappears after page turn and comes back the same.

Very irritating...
The fact that this only happens in KOReader makes it quite obvious that the problem is a bug in KOReader and not a bug in Amazon's firmware.

And as noted, it is apparently a fixed KOReader bug.

In the future, please make sure to include all pertinent information. The fact that you were using KOReader was pertinent information.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:15 AM   #7
roger64
Wizard

Thanks for your replies. I'll have a look. I did not say it was a Kindle "bug". What made it not so "obvious" is that my version of Koreader stayed the same while the Kindle version changed from 5.6.5. to 5.7.2.(or 3)...

Edit: I had a look: indeed Niluje found a workaround and published it for Koreader users.

So what happened could be summarized this way: when issuing its new version 5.7.2, Amazon modified some setting which created a display problem for Koreader. As Amazon does not offer any customization for this particular setting, a Koreader developer found a workaround.

So, what seems "quite obvious" is that there is no bug on either side, just an adaptation to a new rigid setting.

Last edited by roger64; 03-06-2016 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Edit: no bug