Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
Time to replace my iRiver Cover Story with Sony PRS-T1?? Mainly read Manga and books

Hi All,
I've been wanting to ask how people feel about the new PRS-T1? I usually read books but also read a lot of manga, I love and continue to love my iRiver as it supports manga ZIP and CBZ files, so no format or any who ha with it. I'm interested to see people's opinion if it is time for me to replace my iRiver Cover Story. But just don't want the obvious stated like 16 Greyscale, lighter and pearl ink display as the iRiver Cover Story doesn't have any of that.
I don't want to have the Sony if I need to have the hassle of constantly converting the manga files to seperate images etc. I know that the T1 has been hacked since it's running android, but can anyone confirm if there is a Manga app or if manga is easy to read and run on T1?

Below snap of Manga from my iRiver
[IMG][/IMG]
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I don't own a T1, but a 650.

I will say that you can convert cbz and cbr to epub very simply with calibre. It works very well.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #3
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony PRS-T1 Sony PRS-350 Nook Touch Glow
If you root Sony, you can install Perfectviewer, it works perfectly and it is very good for reading comic in cbr.
ewandeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Renji
Connoisseur

Thank's Rizla and Ewandeep, ewandeep that sounds more interesting with Perfectviewer. So does that mean (also directed to anyone that knows) if you root the Sony there still is no comic viewer out with the exception of perfectviewer?
Old 11-08-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
ewandeep
Zealot
ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!ewandeep , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Thank's Rizla and Ewandeep, ewandeep that sounds more interesting with Perfectviewer. So does that mean (also directed to anyone that knows) if you root the Sony there still is no comic viewer out with the exception of perfectviewer?
No that means I tried PerfectViewer, I think it is the best and I stopped searching; but other comic reader in the android market could work.

Please note, root for the sony does not add any surplus (differently from the prs+), but just you have android and you can install many (not all) android applications.
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #6
ewandeep
Zealot

Smanga works too (very good for reading online manga )
Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 PM   #7
Renji
Connoisseur

Not reading online as my personal collection already heaps. Still thinking if I'm gonna buy one, I've been researching and hearing there are bugs at the moment with the Sony PRS T1

Last edited by Renji; 11-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.