Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-02-2020, 01:21 AM   #1
Grandma Jones
Grandma Jones began at the beginning.

Device: None
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder

The fictional Laura was different from the real Laura. The books are certainly different from the TV series. I don't recall any episodes in the TV series about the long winter, but it makes me wonder what was it really like? Not only for her and her family, but the other settlers, the Native Americans and the soldiers.
Grandma Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma Jones View Post
The fictional Laura was different from the real Laura. The books are certainly different from the TV series. I don't recall any episodes in the TV series about the long winter, but it makes me wonder what was it really like? Not only for her and her family, but the other settlers, the Native Americans and the soldiers.
You might check out the non-fiction title Prairie Fires: The American Dreams of Laura Ingalls Wilder, which had some excellent accounts of the early winters she suffered as a child.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote