Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 07:04 AM   #1
oggie41
oggie41 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle 3 Cover

While purchasing my Kindle 3 I ordered the Amazon Leather Cover (without light). I now wish I'd ordered the Lighted Cover, so am after off-loading my current cover. Does anyone on here know of any other Kindle forums/sites where I'd be able to advertise this? A UK based site would be ideal.

Thanks
oggie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Hi - can you not just return it to Amazon? You get 30 days to return items and the process is quite simple. If not, I would advise selling it on Amazon as you pay no listing fees just a percentage when it does sell or eBay it for a fixed buy it now price - selling via auctions these days is not so good, very hit and miss. Or advertise here on mobileread.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #3
oggie41
oggie41 began at the beginning.

Unfortunately I can't return in to Amazon as I've been using it for a few weeks, and can't sell it on Amazon as it's limited to pre-approved sellers only for that item. I'll give the 'For Sale' forum on here a go then.

Thanks for your quick response.
oggie41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:16 AM   #4
Ziggy925
Ziggy925 began at the beginning.

Think about whether you really need the light. The unlighted cover is a little lighter than the lighted version, and if you use the light a lot it will affect battery life.
Ziggy925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy925 View Post
Think about whether you really need the light. The unlighted cover is a little lighter than the lighted version, and if you use the light a lot it will affect battery life.
The lighted cover is excellent. Well worth buying, I think. Obviously using the light will reduce battery life, but there any, any form of external light will also need batteries. It's a lot easier to recharge the Kindle than to mess around buying batteries.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I am in the same situation and intend to try and sell my unlighted burgundy cover on eBay? Does anyone know if I am allowed to advertise it on mobile read? And if so how do I go about it? Thanks
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy925 View Post
Yes, you really need the light. Reading in bed without a lamp is a pleasure......and it doesn't affect battery life, because it isn't as tho you have it on 24/7.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:50 PM   #8
del2608
del2608 began at the beginning.

Device: K3, PRS-505
You could always list it on Gumtree for your area, and I believe it's free...
del2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
Esquire1
Banned
Esquire1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 wifi; PRS-500 (gone); iPad NOT for reading e-books ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggie41 View Post
Unfortunately I can't return in to Amazon as I've been using it for a few weeks
I don't think that's true if you've had it for under 30 days.
Esquire1 is offline   Reply With Quote