Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #556
JainaSJedi
Enthusiast
JainaSJedi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I am having the same problem with my iphone 6S plus (iOS 9) that I just purchased. I was going to upgrade from the original ipad mini and wish I had checked the forums first. I use Calibre to organize my extensive ebook collection and used it to sync with Marvin so I could read on my ipad mini.

Is there another ebook reader out there for ios that will communicate with calibre in order to send/organize a large number of ebooks? It's ironic, the reason I switched from a Kindle was due to the lack of organization for collections and I found Marvin and was very satisfied until it stopped communicating.
JainaSJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 05:34 AM   #557
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I keep my Calibre library on dropbox, and in Marvin on my IPhone 4 I download books from this dropbox (over WIFI or 3G). Works fine for me--I think there may be problems if you have both Calibre and the IPhone trying to access the dropbox at the same time, but I don't need to do that.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #558
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I keep my Calibre library on dropbox, and in Marvin on my IPhone 4 I download books from this dropbox (over WIFI or 3G). Works fine for me--I think there may be problems if you have both Calibre and the IPhone trying to access the dropbox at the same time, but I don't need to do that.
I vaguely remember some kind of limit to the number of books you can access from Dropbox with Marvin, too. I want to say it was 1k, and while for some people that would be fine, for some of us it's only a fraction of the number of books we have in Calibre.
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 AM   #559
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
I guess there's no way to connect & sync: Calibre - iTunes - iOS 9.x - Marvin?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:16 AM   #560
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You guess correctly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #561
Apocalypto
Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
I guess there's no way to connect & sync: Calibre - iTunes - iOS 9.x - Marvin?
If you have iOS 9.0.2 or earlier on your device you can try jailbreaking it (see discussion upthread but basically pangu.io and reddit.com/r/jailbreak) and install the House Arrest Fix tweak from Cydia which should let things function the way they used to do. The downside is you're no longer on the latest and greatest version of iOS and you lose the additional security, though you can load the HAF tweak as necessary if you're the paranoid sort. If you're on 9.1 or later and Calibre interaction is important to you then you'll have to wait until someone releases another jailbreak. In the meantime there's the Calibre OPDS server, iTunes, dropbox, etc.
Apocalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #562
chrissydid
chrissydid began at the beginning.

Device: ipad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
I vaguely remember some kind of limit to the number of books you can access from Dropbox with Marvin, too. I want to say it was 1k, and while for some people that would be fine, for some of us it's only a fraction of the number of books we have in Calibre.
Also, a heads up on dropbox:
I lost about 4g dropbox space all of a sudden--(I had gained it during a university promotion, no idea that they would take it back after 4yrs!!)

It really screwed up my Calibre organization when dropbox & Calibre were running on my computer. Dropbox didn't delete my files off my computer (obviously) but did drop them off of the dropbox server. It must have corrupted my library file in the process. I was able to copy the library intact to a new location, but I had to restore the database to get those missing books back. This resulted in many errors.

Luckily, I was able to use the error report to go through each file and reconcile. I just finished this last night.
chrissydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 04:15 PM   #563
ScottUrman
ScottUrman began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
Yes, it used to be 1000, but that limit has been removed now with the latest version of Marvin.
ScottUrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:29 PM   #564
clux13
clux13 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad 2
Talking Some help

I still cant get it to work the older faster way. After hours of looking this is the way i have chosen to do it.

"Setting up Calibre Server and OPDS in Marvin"
http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/49081628921

It lets you do it over your Wifi while calibre and marvin are running. You can download one at a time but its not really that long. That is unless your like me and have whole collections of stuff i want to read when the mood strikes so i'm constantly changing whats on my ipad. I really really hope someone can fix the old way.

Hope this helps some
clux13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #565
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypto View Post
If you have iOS 9.0.2 or earlier on your device you can try jailbreaking it (see discussion upthread but basically pangu.io and reddit.com/r/jailbreak) and install the House Arrest Fix tweak from Cydia which should let things function the way they used to do. The downside is you're no longer on the latest and greatest version of iOS and you lose the additional security, though you can load the HAF tweak as necessary if you're the paranoid sort. If you're on 9.1 or later and Calibre interaction is important to you then you'll have to wait until someone releases another jailbreak. In the meantime there's the Calibre OPDS server, iTunes, dropbox, etc.
I did JB as I need easy access to CC Controls. Allow quick enable disable of lot of things. So, I will download that tweak you mentioned. Any other steps to take?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:33 AM   #566
Apocalypto
Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apocalypto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashnburn View Post
I did JB as I need easy access to CC Controls. Allow quick enable disable of lot of things. So, I will download that tweak you mentioned. Any other steps to take?
Nope, that should do it. There are a lot of cool things you can do after jailbreaking but this isn't really the place.
Apocalypto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 05:16 AM   #567
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
I have a new iphone 6s Plus and bought the latest Marvin and IOS 9.1. Yea after alot of agonizing time I found this thread thanks to HarryT. Bummed. I liked the old way.

I've resorted to just manually dropping the file into the Marvin app on itunes. You don't even have to sync. Which is fine, I never have more than one book on my phone at a time. It's back up reading device for me when I'm stuck without my kindle.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:07 PM   #568
ZoeRochelle
Sigil Addict
ZoeRochelle began at the beginning.

Device: Apple iPad Air 2
anyone know if this plug-in going to eventually work with iOS9?
ZoeRochelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #569
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Good question. Has anyone tried to get in touch with @kguil about it?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:58 AM   #570
crashnburn
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeRochelle View Post
anyone know if this plug-in going to eventually work with iOS9?
It seems to be working with the JB iOS Nine.0.2