Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2017, 09:11 PM   #16
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Wrong is wrong even if you put it in some tool.
KindleTool is in a public repository, pull a copy, update the code the way you like for the models not currently supported and issue a pull request.

Then you can have your own way.

Otherwise, the established nickname patterns will be continued.
You get no vote unless you are the one contributing the programming work.

And it is rather revealing that you write as if you want people to think you do not know what part of this entire after-market add-in effort KindleTool plays.
I.E: Pretending to be uninformed will not get your point made for you in this case, we all know you and your style in this forum better than that.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:28 AM   #17
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Let me see if I can find some lithium to dump in the MR water. That might help my blood pressure.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #18
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Let me see if I can find some lithium to dump in the MR water. That might help my blood pressure.
Depending upon where you are in Texas, I understand there IS lithium in the water naturally.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:13 AM   #19
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
I am considering this upgrade... like the idea of the large screen and the waterproofing. Who wants to by a slightly used Voyage? :-D
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:01 PM   #20
feelmaroon
Connoisseur
feelmaroon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle 4, PW2, Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Just got the new 7" in the mail today. So far, pretty incredible (the inverted text option solves my lighting problem i've had on every model since the first paper white).

But. The biggest downside is that I just plugged into my laptop with Calibre and the device isn't being read. First time this has happened. Any tips?
feelmaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #21
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post
Just got the new 7" in the mail today. So far, pretty incredible (the inverted text option solves my lighting problem i've had on every model since the first paper white).

But. The biggest downside is that I just plugged into my laptop with Calibre and the device isn't being read. First time this has happened. Any tips?
Make sure it is updated to 5.9.2.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:38 PM   #22
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@feelmaroon,

You need to either wait for the next calibre release or alternatively install the special beta release that Kovid made available a few days ago.

Sorry I can't post a link as I'm on my phone. I think there's a thread in the calibre devices subforum.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 11:19 PM   #23
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelmaroon View Post

Do not update your paperwhite if you are at all interested in jailbraking yet.

We may be able to do something like we did with the Manga Model, but it will take a while to get ready - looking through the update of 5.9.2, I don't see any new vulnerabilities jump out, but that is not my specialty.

Last edited by coplate; 10-31-2017 at 11:26 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:36 PM   #24
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I really want it but I got the first oasis 3 months ago and can not justify the cost. I have buyers remorse. If I knew about this in advance I would have waited. I use audibles to help me threw long chapters.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koa, oasis