Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
To get those errors, something must have happened earlier. Could you run in debug mode? There is probably an error in the initialisation that should be shown in the debug log
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #32
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
To get those errors, something must have happened earlier. Could you run in debug mode? There is probably an error in the initialisation that should be shown in the debug log
I decided that I should really be always running in debug mode, so a while ago I wrapped "calibre" as "calibre-debug -g" and logs it. So here you go.

I think it is looking for iDevices and cannot find libimobiledevice.

And I don't plan on installing it. Not on Archlinux, and not when I don't have one.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 12:56 AM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I decided that I should really be always running in debug mode, so a while ago I wrapped "calibre" as "calibre-debug -g" and logs it. So here you go.

I think it is looking for iDevices and cannot find libimobiledevice.

And I don't plan on installing it. Not on Archlinux, and not when I don't have one.
Both of those are part of calibre, so should be there. But, I don't see a log. Did you forget to attach it?

As a quick test, can you remove/rename the "annotations.json" file in the plugins directory. If the error is where I think it is, there might be a problem with the saved settings.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:18 AM   #34
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Both of those are part of calibre, so should be there. But, I don't see a log. Did you forget to attach it?

As a quick test, can you remove/rename the "annotations.json" file in the plugins directory. If the error is where I think it is, there might be a problem with the saved settings.

Nope, didn't work.

Also, it is libplist.so.1 that can't be found, but it seems to have something to do with libimobiledevice.
Attached Files
File Type: txt calibre-debug-eschwartz.log.txt (7.6 KB, 848 views)

Last edited by eschwartz; 07-15-2014 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:46 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e349acba9f2fce
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2014, 01:53 AM   #36
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Works now.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:22 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you Kovid.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:48 PM   #38
132 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Hello, I installed the plugin, and it only seemed to detect annotations on my Kindle Paperwhite from e-books that have been converted from E-Pub to Mobi. Articles sent to my Kindle in AZW format using the Klip.me bookmarked are not found, how could I solve this?

Also, is it possible to display the annotions in the actual calibre viewer? Similar to notes and highlights on the Kindle and Preview.app (in os x).

Thank you, this plugin is well needed.
132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:53 AM   #39
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132 View Post
Hello, I installed the plugin, and it only seemed to detect annotations on my Kindle Paperwhite from e-books that have been converted from E-Pub to Mobi. Articles sent to my Kindle in AZW format using the Klip.me bookmarked are not found, how could I solve this?
For the Kindle, the plugin is reading the file "My Clippings.txt". If the annotations are not in that, they won't be fetched. If there is another file used for different types of files, I can look at that. But, I need examples of the files and knowledge of where they are on the device. Plus someone to test the code. Or, even better, someone with a Kindle who wants to write the code
Quote:
Also, is it possible to display the annotions in the actual calibre viewer? Similar to notes and highlights on the Kindle and Preview.app (in os x).
Not at the moment. There is no way to do annotations in the calibre viewer. I think it is on Kovid's TODO list. When this gets added, I'll look at it.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:37 PM   #40
132 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
For the Kindle, the plugin is reading the file "My Clippings.txt". If the annotations are not in that, they won't be fetched. If there is another file used for different types of files, I can look at that. But, I need examples of the files and knowledge of where they are on the device. Plus someone to test the code. Or, even better, someone with a Kindle who wants to write the code
Thanks for your answer, I looked in the "My Clippings.txt" and all my annotions are there. If it is to any help, my converted books (e-pub to mobi) are in a collection called "Books" while Klip.me articles resides under the collection "Articles", it should be noted that all these files are all placed in the Kindle's root "documents" folder.
132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #41
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 132 View Post
Thanks for your answer, I looked in the "My Clippings.txt" and all my annotions are there. If it is to any help, my converted books (e-pub to mobi) are in a collection called "Books" while Klip.me articles resides under the collection "Articles", it should be noted that all these files are all placed in the Kindle's root "documents" folder.
That's good and makes it sound like extracting them is possible. But, I need samples of the files to look.
Old 07-29-2014, 01:31 AM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Version 1.4.1 released - Supports Qt5 version of calibre

As mentioned previously, calibre is changing to use Qt5 in the near future. The plugin has been updated to support this. It will continue to work with the existing version calibre as well. No changes in function have been made.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #43
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: You need to add the plugin as an attachment to your first post (not a link to another attachment) or calibre will not pick it up.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:20 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

@Kovid: I have no idea how I did that. Fixed. I hope.

Last edited by davidfor; 07-29-2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 05:28 AM   #45
Martino G.
Martino G. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Error with annotations plugin

Hi,
when i try to use the plugin (using "Fetch annotations from Kindle) i get the following error.

calibre, version 1.46.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>TypeError</b>:_log() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

calibre 1.46 isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Darwin-13.3.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '13.3.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 13.3.0: Tue Jun 3 21:27:35 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2422.110.17~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.5
OSX: ('10.9.4', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 333, in fetch_usb_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 522, in get_annotated_books_on_usb_device
File "/var/folders/vh/b__1ytzj4zv_ptcmfbjd63ym0000gn/T/calibre_annotations_plugin/Kindle.py", line 169, in get_installed_books
TypeError: _log() takes at most 2 arguments (3 given)

Thanks for your help and please forgive my english (I'm italian).
Martino G. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp