Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-04-2022, 08:14 AM   #1531
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic815 View Post
So my plan is to use the Count Pages plugin in conjunction with the KFX Output plugin, by doing this.

If that's set up, do I need to also customize the Kindle 2/3/4/etc device interface plugin to add the #pages column to this field (per the OP)? Or is that duplicative with the behavior I'll get from the KFX Output plugin?
The "Send page number information when sending books" option and the four settings that follow do not apply to KFX format. They control the creation and sending of an APNX file which holds page numbers for MOBI and KF8 (azw3) formats.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:45 AM   #1532
Magic815
Enthusiast
Magic815 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen (2021)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The "Send page number information when sending books" option and the four settings that follow do not apply to KFX format. They control the creation and sending of an APNX file which holds page numbers for MOBI and KF8 (azw3) formats.
Ok, got it. So it sounds like if I plan to only buy EPUBs and only convert to KFX for my Kindle, I can have page count handled by the 'KFX Output' plugin - and don't need to bother with changing those settings in the Kindle 'device integration' listing?

Side question with Count Pages:
In the Count Pages options/settings, I see this. If in Calibre Preferences > Behavior, I currently have KFX as my Preferred Output Format and EPUB at the top of my list for Preferred input format order - do you recommend I check that box in the Count Pages settings?
Magic815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #1533
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
So it sounds like if I plan to only buy EPUBs and only convert to KFX for my Kindle, I can have page count handled by the 'KFX Output' plugin - and don't need to bother with changing those settings in the Kindle 'device integration' listing?
Yes.

Quote:
In the Count Pages options/settings, I see this. If in Calibre Preferences > Behavior, I currently have KFX as my Preferred Output Format and EPUB at the top of my list for Preferred input format order - do you recommend I check that box in the Count Pages settings?
It might be problematic to use KFX format as the source to get a page count to use in creating KFX format. Someone more knowledgeable about this plugin would need to answer that.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:39 AM   #1534
mietek81
Connoisseur
mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mietek81 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Glo, H2O
Hi. I seem to have some problem with the plugin. For all (but one) ebooks there was no problem with getting the counts. But with the last I'm getting worker failed error as you can see below

Code:
Statystyki obliczonych stron/słów
do_count_statistics - book_path=C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\q4l67sw1_count_pages\1640.epub, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Estimate, statistics_to_run=['PageCount', 'WordCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\q4l67sw1_count_pages\1640.epub
-------------------------------
Logfile for book ID 1640 (Przystań wiatrów)
	Method of counting _page_count_mode=Estimate _download_sources=[]
	results= {}
do_statistics_for_book:  C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\q4l67sw1_count_pages\1640.epub 0 Estimate [] ['PageCount', 'WordCount'] 1500 True
Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\michal\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\biblioNETka.pl.zip'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.jobs", line 155, in do_statistics_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 56, in get_page_count
  File "calibre_plugins.count_pages.statistics", line 94, in _open_epub_file
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 146, in __enter__
  File "calibre\ebooks\oeb\iterator\book.py", line 86, in run_extract_book
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 255, in fork_job
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 180, in run_job
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 119, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Worker failed

Failed to initialize plugin: 'C:\\Users\\michal\\AppData\\Roaming\\calibre\\plugins\\biblioNETka.pl.zip'
And this is working example:

Code:
Statystyki obliczonych stron/słów
do_count_statistics - book_path=C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\gimetq9w_count_pages\1637.epub, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Estimate, statistics_to_run=['PageCount', 'WordCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\gimetq9w_count_pages\1637.epub
Logfile for book ID 1637 (Templariusze. Rozkwit i upadek zakonu świętych wojowników)
	results= {'PageCount': 458, 'WordCount': 118249}
	Found 458 pages
	Found 118249 words
do_statistics_for_book:  C:\Users\michal\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_fbphflww\gimetq9w_count_pages\1637.epub 0 Estimate [] ['PageCount', 'WordCount'] 1500 True
	Estimated accurate page count
	  Lines: 14225  Divs: 786  Paras: 2448
	  Accurate count: 458  Fast count: 437
	Page count: 458
	Word count using icu_wordcount - trying to count_words
	Word count - used count_words: 118249
	Word count: 118249

mietek81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:30 AM   #1535
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
An error like that is frequently caused by something in the environment. It could be the virus protection is blocking communication between calibre and subprocesses. Or something cleaning up the temporary directory before it can be used. The latter is more likely to be a reason for an occasional failure.

Another reason can be path issues. Some characters in file names can cause issues with unpacking the book for processing.

Does it happen for the same books all the time? Or will it work the next time you try a book that failed?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2022, 12:48 PM   #1536
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
In MacOs
Estadísticas de conteo de páginas/palabras
do_count_statistics - book_path=/var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Estimate, statistics_to_run=['PageCount', 'WordCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=/var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub
Logfile for book ID 21505 (El caso Léon Sadorski)
results= {}
iterator, pages = get_page_count(iterator, book_path, pages_algorithm, custom_chars_per_page)
iterator = _open_epub_file(book_path)
iterator.enter(only_input_plugin=True, run_char_count=True,
File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 146, in enter
File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 86, in run_extract_book
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 255, in fork_job
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 180, in run_job
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 115, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Failed to communicate with worker process
do_statistics_for_book: /var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub 0 Estimate [] ['PageCount', 'WordCount'] 1500 True
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #1537
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
In MacOs
Estadísticas de conteo de páginas/palabras
do_count_statistics - book_path=/var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Estimate, statistics_to_run=['PageCount', 'WordCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=/var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub
Logfile for book ID 21505 (El caso Léon Sadorski)
results= {}
iterator, pages = get_page_count(iterator, book_path, pages_algorithm, custom_chars_per_page)
iterator = _open_epub_file(book_path)
iterator.enter(only_input_plugin=True, run_char_count=True,
File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 146, in enter
File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/iterator/book.py", line 86, in run_extract_book
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 255, in fork_job
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 180, in run_job
File "calibre/utils/ipc/simple_worker.py", line 115, in communicate
calibre.utils.ipc.simple_worker.WorkerError: Failed to communicate with worker process
do_statistics_for_book: /var/folders/z_/mxpxg2nx2m70j42l319bd9zr0000gn/C/calibre_6.0.0_tmp_ye8u5beo/u78ug9va_count_pages/21505.epub 0 Estimate [] ['PageCount', 'WordCount'] 1500 True
The plugin has been compatible with calibre 6 for a while, and I haven't had any issues here. But, that sort of error usually means something is blocking the communications between the calibre processes. In Windows, I would usually blame the virus/malware protection. I don't know what MacOS has for this, but, it might need to have something unblocked for the new version of calibre.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:38 PM   #1538
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's probably the deDRM plugin issue, causing the worker process to crash.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 07:59 PM   #1539
skovzky
skovzky began at the beginning.

Device: Kinle Paperwhite 2021
Question Word Count Plugin no longer working

calibre, version 6.1.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Count Pages</b> plugin
I cannot count words on newly downloaded books, and I cant configure the plugin. I have restarted both Calibre and my whole computer just to be sure.

Please let me know if I am missing anything obvious.

skovzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 09:20 PM   #1540
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@skovzky - please post plugin related issues in the plugin's thread. There's a sticky index at the top of the subforum.

Which operating system and version are you using?

Which version of the Count Pages plugin is installed? The latest is 1.11.2.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 10:12 PM   #1541
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skovzky View Post
calibre, version 6.1.0
ERROR: Must restart: You must restart calibre before you can configure the <b>Count Pages</b> plugin
I cannot count words on newly downloaded books, and I cant configure the plugin. I have restarted both Calibre and my whole computer just to be sure.

Please let me know if I am missing anything obvious.
It is working correctly here. But, that error usually means that something in the initialisation is failing. Could you restart calibre in debug mode, try to configure the plugin and then close calibre. Then post the debug log that is shown. Hopefully there will be an indication of what is going wrong.

And just in case, you do have the latest version of the plugin installed? This is version 1.11.2.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:23 PM   #1542
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I can say that Count Pages is working here with Calibre 6.1.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:02 PM   #1543
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
count pages 1.11.2 works here. I use it frequently
BUT
I only capture pages (Paragraphs APNX accurate)
and Grade and Fog
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:01 PM   #1544
cathasaigh
cathasaigh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11
Hello. I've installed the plugin correctly, have goodreads:[ID] in the metadata, and have confirmed that the book(s) in question have page numbers listed on their respective Goodreads page, but 90% of the time I get an error message that looks like this:

Quote:
Count Page/Word Statistics
do_count_statistics - book_path=None, pages_algorithm=0, page_count_mode=Download, statistics_to_run=['PageCount'], custom_chars_per_page=1500, icu_wordcount=True
do_count_statistics - job started for file book_path=None
Logfile for book ID 615 (Smartcuts: How Hackers, Innovators, and Icons Accelerate Success)
Method of counting _page_count_mode=Download _download_sources=[('goodreads', '20910174')]
results= {'PageCount': None}
FAILED TO GET PAGE COUNT FROM WEBSITE

do_statistics_for_book: None 0 Download [('goodreads', '20910174')] ['PageCount'] 1500 True

DownloadPagesWorker::run - source_id=20910174, source_name=goodreads

DownloadPagesWorker::run - PAGE_DOWNLOADS[source_name]={'URL': 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/%s', 'pages_xpath': '//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', 'name': 'Goodreads', 'id': 'goodreads', 'icon': 'images/goodreads.png', 'active': True}

DownloadPagesWorker::run - self.pages_regex=None

Download source book url: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20910174'

Failed to make details query: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20910174'
I've also confirmed that the Calibre app has permissions for both private and public networks on my firewall.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by cathasaigh; 07-27-2022 at 08:04 PM.
cathasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 08:09 PM   #1545
cathasaigh
cathasaigh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11
When it works, it looks like this:

Quote:
Logfile for book ID 579 (The Heart's Invisible Furies)
Method of counting _page_count_mode=Download _download_sources=[('goodreads', '36213454')]
results= {'download_source': 'goodreads', 'PageCount': 592}
Downloaded page count from Goodreads: 592

do_statistics_for_book: None 0 Download [('goodreads', '36213454')] ['PageCount'] 1500 True

DownloadPagesWorker::run - source_id=36213454, source_name=goodreads

DownloadPagesWorker::run - PAGE_DOWNLOADS[source_name]={'URL': 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/%s', 'pages_xpath': '//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', 'name': 'Goodreads', 'id': 'goodreads', 'icon': 'images/goodreads.png', 'active': True}

DownloadPagesWorker::run - self.pages_regex=None

Download source book url: 'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36213454'

_get_details: len(raw)= 615119

_parse_page_count: start

_parse_page_count: root.__class__= HtmlElement

_parse_page_count: pages_xpath='//div[@id="details"]/div[@class="row"]/span[@itemprop="numberOfPages"]/text()', =pages_regex='None'

_parse_page_count: pages= ['592 pages']

_parse_page_count: pages[0]= 592 pages

_parse_page_count: pages_regex= None

_parse_page_count: pages_text= 592

_parse_page_count: end
cathasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
count, count pages, page count, pages, plugin