Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM   #7276
sandmanwake
sandmanwake has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by penumbria View Post
When trying to update a story from FFN, I am getting the message: browser cache failed to load with error ‘list index out of range’. I’ve tried it about a dozen times and get the same error message.
Is there another new workaround I am missing to get FFN to work? I don’t have stories get updates from FFN very often. Most have migrated to/cross post to AO3.
I've had some luck when encountering this problem by changing the "browser_cache_age_limit:" value in the personal.ini file from 4.0 to -1 just to update that one or two story that has issues and then changing it back afterwards for all other stories. Most of the time this works and I've only had maybe one or two instances where I've had to clear the cache entirely.
sandmanwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:31 AM   #7277
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
There's an issue that pops up from time to time, that occured only with two stories so far. One is finished by now, so it's a moot point, but the other is not doing what it should do.

FFF is set to "overwrite if newer" as well as "update from email". I received an update email today, and when I tried to download the story, it said the story wasn't newer. When I change the setting to "update", it works and fetches the new chapters.

The story link is:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37767571

I'm going to switch my settings to "update" instead of "overwrite" (especially because I don't remember why I set it to overwrite in the first place), so it's not an urgent issue.

But I thought I could share the work-around if someone else has the same issue.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:49 AM   #7278
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
FFF is set to "overwrite if newer" as well as "update from email". I received an update email today, and when I tried to download the story, it said the story wasn't newer. When I change the setting to "update", it works and fetches the new chapters.

The story link is:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37767571
That story says "Updated: 2022-03-16". On AO3, the author can set the date on each chapter.

So FFF is working as intended in this case.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #7279
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Oh, I see! I admit I never thought about how that options works. Thank you for clarifying that.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 PM   #7280
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Question: Reading List recently added 'restore sort after viewing list.' Would it be very much difficult to implement this for FFF's 'show marked books when finished'? Thanks.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:45 PM   #7281
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: Reading List recently added 'restore sort after viewing list.' Would it be very much difficult to implement this for FFF's 'show marked books when finished'? Thanks.
Not interested.

It's kludged into RL by registering a function to be called when a) search is cleared OR b) search changed OR c) library changed OR d) calibre quit; then it looks at whether a list has been previously called and takes that to mean a list is no longer being viewed and sort should be restored.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote