Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-26-2022, 09:38 PM   #7276
sandmanwake
sandmanwake has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by penumbria View Post
When trying to update a story from FFN, I am getting the message: browser cache failed to load with error ‘list index out of range’. I’ve tried it about a dozen times and get the same error message.
Is there another new workaround I am missing to get FFN to work? I don’t have stories get updates from FFN very often. Most have migrated to/cross post to AO3.
I've had some luck when encountering this problem by changing the "browser_cache_age_limit:" value in the personal.ini file from 4.0 to -1 just to update that one or two story that has issues and then changing it back afterwards for all other stories. Most of the time this works and I've only had maybe one or two instances where I've had to clear the cache entirely.
sandmanwake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:31 AM   #7277
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
There's an issue that pops up from time to time, that occured only with two stories so far. One is finished by now, so it's a moot point, but the other is not doing what it should do.

FFF is set to "overwrite if newer" as well as "update from email". I received an update email today, and when I tried to download the story, it said the story wasn't newer. When I change the setting to "update", it works and fetches the new chapters.

The story link is:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37767571

I'm going to switch my settings to "update" instead of "overwrite" (especially because I don't remember why I set it to overwrite in the first place), so it's not an urgent issue.

But I thought I could share the work-around if someone else has the same issue.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #7278
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxxy View Post
FFF is set to "overwrite if newer" as well as "update from email". I received an update email today, and when I tried to download the story, it said the story wasn't newer. When I change the setting to "update", it works and fetches the new chapters.

The story link is:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/37767571
That story says "Updated: 2022-03-16". On AO3, the author can set the date on each chapter.

So FFF is working as intended in this case.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 10:56 AM   #7279
firefoxxy
Zealot
firefoxxy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Oh, I see! I admit I never thought about how that options works. Thank you for clarifying that.
firefoxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 05:06 PM   #7280
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (retired), Kobo Libra H2O
Question: Reading List recently added 'restore sort after viewing list.' Would it be very much difficult to implement this for FFF's 'show marked books when finished'? Thanks.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 06:45 PM   #7281
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: Reading List recently added 'restore sort after viewing list.' Would it be very much difficult to implement this for FFF's 'show marked books when finished'? Thanks.
Not interested.

It's kludged into RL by registering a function to be called when a) search is cleared OR b) search changed OR c) library changed OR d) calibre quit; then it looks at whether a list has been previously called and takes that to mean a list is no longer being viewed and sort should be restored.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:06 PM   #7282
ownedbycats
Wizard
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just for confirmation: FanFicFare does use Calibre APIs to update the book file? Calibre 6's full-text search indexing uses that to check for book updates. Context.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #7283
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Just for confirmation: FanFicFare does use Calibre APIs to update the book file? Calibre 6's full-text search indexing uses that to check for book updates. Context.
FFF uses db.add_format_with_hook() to update ebooks.

Since you're testing Cal6 anyway, the obvious thing for you to do is try it and see...
Old 06-28-2022, 04:25 PM   #7284
ownedbycats
Wizard

I'm still waiting for the initial indexing to finish, plus one of my fics to update.
Old 06-28-2022, 05:23 PM   #7285
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-06-28
- Fix for problem with remove_tags refactor.

Found during cal 5.99.10 testing.

Yes, FFF downloads and updates are full text search indexed when that is enabled on the library.
Old 07-05-2022, 12:47 AM   #7286
Atherton25
Zealot
Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.Atherton25 can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I found some books on fictionhunt.net was interested in downloading... and found I couldn't. Not sure when it happened, but something's changed on fictionhunt and FFF no longer works.

Just An Example:
https://fictionhunt.com/stories/3e61...-for-snorkacks gives error 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get_text' (all have the same error as far as I can tell).

Not sure when the change happened, but I ran across several stories I'd been looking for for a long time that weren't there before... and I'd really like to download them. I tried webtoepub too, but even after getting it to put the chapter links in it errors out. Is it likely that this will get fixed or should I go manually?
Atherton25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:22 PM   #7287
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-07-06
- Better handling for fail of an existing anthology book on update. Closes #860
- adapter_fictionhuntcom: Update for site changes.
Old 07-06-2022, 06:02 PM   #7288
emi89
emi89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 10th Gen
Hi
I'm having some trouble with updates via AO3 transferring to a kindle oasis 10th gen through calibre

it seems to run ok and if I click view within calibre it shows the new chapter however even removing the "book" from device and sending it again doesn't get the new chapter to show up on the kindle.

The only way I've found is to remove it entirely from both kindle and calibre and re-download the entire thing. Not ideal as it loses all reading progress and is overall a bit of a pain.

am I doing something wrong and/or is there a quick fix for this issue?
emi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 06:36 PM   #7289
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi89 View Post
Hi
I'm having some trouble with updates via AO3 transferring to a kindle oasis 10th gen through calibre

it seems to run ok and if I click view within calibre it shows the new chapter however even removing the "book" from device and sending it again doesn't get the new chapter to show up on the kindle.

The only way I've found is to remove it entirely from both kindle and calibre and re-download the entire thing. Not ideal as it loses all reading progress and is overall a bit of a pain.

am I doing something wrong and/or is there a quick fix for this issue?
I would suspect that you updated the epub, but didn't convert to AZW3 again.

FFF can help you do that automatically.
  1. I assume (and recommend) that you download to epub format for updates; it sounds like you are.
  2. In Calibre Preferences, under Behavior, you probably want your "Preferred output format" set to AZW3.
  3. FFF has another option in it's config on the General tab, in the 'Updating Calibre options' section (left middle) for 'Delete other existing formats', you probably want that checked. That cleans any previous converted files on update.
  4. FFF has an option in it's config on the General tab, in the 'Post Processing options' section (left bottom) for 'Automatically Convert new/updated books', you probably want that checked, then FFF will automatically convert to AZW3 for Kindle.

It's not truly necessary to have all these set. Calibre can also convert automatically on send to device, but it tends to do so inefficiently, sending all metadata again to device for every book, and only if there isn't already an acceptable format.
Old 07-07-2022, 01:03 PM   #7290
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2022-07-07
- Restore & > < entities in chapter titles. Closes #863
- Update translations