Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2023, 08:41 PM   #43996
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Eating ice cream with strawberry sauce. Scored cases of strawberries a few weeks ago for free. End of shelf life so cooked them. So yummy. This was pleasant after a day of dealing with sick kitty. He's been treated with antibiotics, but vet thinks there is something else wrong so will know more hopefully after lab reports back tomorrow. I have 4 - 17 year old kitties. The vet bills are getting painful as the diagnostics are so costly!
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 05:31 PM   #43997
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Scheduled my RSV vaccination for tomorrow - some of my acquaintances have had RSV and gotten quite sick, and one developed pneumonia.

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 12-21-2023 at 06:04 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 05:39 PM   #43998
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Good luck! So far of my acquaintances and relatives, only one had a moderately severe reaction to the vaccine.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 01:11 AM   #43999
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Scheduled my RSV vaccination for tomorrow - some of my acquaintances have had RSV and gotten quite sick, and one developed pneumonia.
Oh, Pooh, my doctor is telling me about getting that one, so please let us all know how it goes! It really seemed to knock my assistant's tuchus in the dirt!

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 02:39 PM   #44000
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Oh, Pooh, my doctor is telling me about getting that one, so please let us all know how it goes! It really seemed to knock my assistant's tuchus in the dirt!

Hitch
I had no issues with the RSV vaccine. A slight bit of muscle soreness, but that’s par for the course.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 05:18 PM   #44001
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have the muscle soreness at the injection site ... plus ALL the energy has left my body - I am literally falling asleep in my chair
Old 12-22-2023, 11:33 PM   #44002
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I have the muscle soreness at the injection site ... plus ALL the energy has left my body - I am literally falling asleep in my chair
How is that different from a normal day?
Old 12-23-2023, 01:18 AM   #44003
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I had no issues with the RSV vaccine. A slight bit of muscle soreness, but that’s par for the course.
Thanks, BadGood! Much appreciated to hear.

Quote:
Awwww....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
How is that different from a normal day?
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

Hitch
Old 12-23-2023, 10:17 AM   #44004
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Day after arm pain comparable to flu shot muscle pain. Lingering fatigue - will treat it with a brisk walk. Otherwise, no ill effects.
Old 12-23-2023, 11:03 AM   #44005
pghaworth
Fervent Pleasure Seeker
pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pghaworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD
I have the creeping crud complete with fever and chills. I’m busy reading buried under a blanket. 🥴

Last edited by pghaworth; 12-23-2023 at 11:06 AM.
pghaworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #44006
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Day after arm pain comparable to flu shot muscle pain. Lingering fatigue - will treat it with a brisk walk. Otherwise, no ill effects.
You are just so tough!!! I'd be in bed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghaworth View Post
I have the creeping crud complete with fever and chills. I’m busy reading buried under a blanket. 🥴
And yup, this would be me, even though it wouldn't be the lingering creeping crud...lol....

Hitch
Old 12-23-2023, 07:10 PM   #44007
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
I took my wife to our friendly local indie bookstore for our joint Christmas presents. We stayed for an hour and came out a few hundred dollars poorer.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 05:13 AM   #44008
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I've just ordered myself a Chromebook. Although my sister and I love a lot of the same things when it comes to watching movies and tv series, we also have very different tastes. She loves historical dramas and more romantic movies/series and I love horror, thrillers and spooky shows.

I have been watching my things either when my sister is at work or at night in my bedroom on my tablet in bed. But I love to to cross stitch whilst watching something (I need to keep my hands busy) and I need my tablet for that since I've got all my patterns on there. I could get my tv out of storage and hang it in my bedroom. But it's big and it won't look good when people are coming to view the apartment.

I could use my laptop, but it's a heavy gaming laptop which is connected to my external hard drive. Through this set up I run my Plex server and I'd rather not unhook the external drive, which would prevent my from using the Plex server (when we have moved to the new home I'm going to set up a NAS for the Plex server).

For a while I've been thinking of getting a cheap Chromebook to use for streaming when I'm cross stitching at night or when I'm crafting at the dining room table. A 14 inch one would be big enough and light enough for me to move about and not be too big and get in the way of things.

So I've compared various ones and I've ordered an HP Chromebook. The store ordered from has the after Christmas sale, so that saves €50, but instead I ordered the good-as-new one, which saves me €100. It'll arrive tomorrow, I'm looking forward to setting it up and finding out what I can use it for besides streaming.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 01:04 PM   #44009
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Got pulled out of retirement this morning (remotely) to assist with some year end issues at the former workplace.

Good News = my brain still works and I could solve the spreadsheet problem

Bad News = nothing has changed there - or probably every will
Old 12-27-2023, 02:09 PM   #44010
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Got pulled out of retirement this morning (remotely) to assist with some year end issues at the former workplace.

Good News = my brain still works and I could solve the spreadsheet problem

Bad News = nothing has changed there - or probably every will
I was asked to do some work remotely a couple of weeks back and I turned it down after a quick look.

Many of the tasks I had automated such as update management were no longer being done. Evidently the VM I had spun up where the management tasks were run was shut down since the person I had trained in using it's management interface left shortly after I did (more money elsewhere) and no one else seemed have been shown how to use it. The system monitoring software which was still running had multiple pages of messages which no one seemed to be paying any attention to despite the daily emails.

I decided after an hour of poking around that it was going to take at least a week to clean up the mess so I suggested that the manager have a current staffer take the time to study my notes and clean up the mess and keep it cleaned up. Otherwise, I could see myself getting another phone call in 6 months.

And yeah, not much has changed and, sadly, it likely won't change that much in the future.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?