Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
dande
dande began at the beginning.

Device: 505
Editing metadata

I am new to e-books, new to the Sony 505 (5 days) and new to MR (2 days) so bear with me

Posted to 505 software/ hardware problems two days ago asking how to display title and Author correctly in the Sony Library software when importing a .txt, .pdf etc. file. (edit in file before importing or in Library after???) One person mentioned Calibre and this is what I replied the them ...

ok - I downloaded Calibre and did edit the metadata and also downloaded part of the MD from the net with Calibre - isbn, publisher, cover, etc. for a .txt book. I did not want Calibre to interfere with the Sony Library so pulled my e-book folder to another drive (actually installed Calibre there also) and had Sony Library turned off. Thought the directory/file structure Calibre made was rather cumbersome. Anyway, after exporting/saving from C in .lrf format (thinking Sony Library would like that better) I moved the newly created .lrf file back to my C:\ebook folder and imported it into the Sony Library software and lo and behold, everything was displayed correctly with the book cover displayed when the book was opened. The whole process seems rather busy just to get the title and author to display correctly in the Sony Library and Reader. Any comments or tips to simplify my wants and needs <grin> are welcome ...

dande
dande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Most people seem to stop using the Sony Library software unless they actually want to download books from the Sony store.

If you are using Calibre you can do everything in Calibre including loading the books onto the Sony Reader.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-02-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If all you want to do is edit metadata, you might try EditLRFMeta -- I've never tried it though so I can't vouch for it.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote