Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #16
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
One thing that might be added is a notice when you try to bring in HTML and it doesn't work to switch to HTML Tidy. You might offer it as a switch to HTML Tidy for input. I couldn't see anything wrong with the HTML, but with just pretty print on, it would not bring it in. Otherwise it worked great.

Including the ability to add files has eliminated my need for calibre, since Sigil will bring in a series of HTML files from the web, put them in sections and even bring in the illustrations. WOW!

One other suggestions for add files is a third button to stop the add process altogether. I already had the files through importing the HTML, but I selected all of them and said to add. I had to either add or cancel 50 times!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 AM   #17
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
@Theducks,

this is a design concept thing, I guess. On one side I understand to have a clear design in menu sequences, on the other side it was somehow logical to find the button for generating TOC in the window. This is more understandable for those who don't work often with Sigil. Due to the fact that ebooks will be converted and more often than have problems with the TOC, a lot of people are looking for this and found it directly.

What was an interesting experience for me: I had recognized the missing button immediately - before I had seen something else of Sigil.

But anyway, I can work with both solutions
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #18
lindaw2396
lindaw2396 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, Android smartphone, Kindle
I am back to using 0.6.0 since when I use 0.6.1 the clean-up removes space between two <>, example: <\strong>space<em>Type... Is there any way to prevent that from happening? It doesn't happen in 0.6.0. Thanks.
lindaw2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
Is there a possibility of a future MACRO capability?
None planned that I know of.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
One thing that might be added is a notice when you try to bring in HTML and it doesn't work to switch to HTML Tidy. You might offer it as a switch to HTML Tidy for input. I couldn't see anything wrong with the HTML, but with just pretty print on, it would not bring it in. Otherwise it worked great.
This is noticeable because the preference was accidentally changed to Pretty Print instead of Pretty Print Tidy. Apparently there are a lot of invalid files out there that have been getting cleaned up automatically. The setting will be corrected in the next version (everyone using Pretty Print or Pretty Print Tidy will get reset to use Pretty Print Tidy on first use).

A message on importing HTML is something I've thought about before so I'll take another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaw2396 View Post
I am back to using 0.6.0 since when I use 0.6.1 the clean-up removes space between two <>, example: <\strong>space<em>Type... Is there any way to prevent that from happening? It doesn't happen in 0.6.0. Thanks.
While waiting for the next release isn't a bad idea, can you give before and after examples of your code as its not clear what spaces are missing. And are you using Pretty Print or Pretty Print Tidy to format your code since they format differently from each other.
Advert
Old 12-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you import anything off the web it is invalid because the tags are not self closing, at the least. Maybe a swift swing to check and correct for that on import before rejecting the document might be in order. But it might be hard to avoid inadvertently do something not intended.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #22
lindaw2396

Let's say you have some bold words followed by some italic words. It will look like this in Book View: some bold wordsfollowed by some italic words because the clean-up utility (by default) deleted the space between the > and <. I had downloaded Sigil 0.6.0 and opened my epub. I didn't realize spaces were being removed until about a half hour into my work. Is it really not well-formed html to have a space between the end of let's say an img code and the beginning of a span or em code for text? Most of my work is epub exported from Adobe InDesign.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #23
meme
Sigil developer

I don't see that behaviour. If I use the following code
Code:
<p>This is <b>bold</b> and <i>italic</i> text.</p>
Then regardless of what Clean Source preference I use, the text correctly shows with a space between each word in Code View and Book View.

If you still have an issue you'll have to post your actual code fragments or sample epub.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:08 PM   #24
lindaw2396

<span class="Bold">some bold words</span> <span class="Italic">followed by some italic words</span>. Do you see the space between </span> and <span...? That's the one that disappears.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #25
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yep. I can verify that the space in the above example gets eaten by 0.6.1 when the Clean Source preference is set to "Pretty Print." But not when the Clean Source preference is set to "Pretty Print Tidy."
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #26
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
I upgraded to Sigil 0.6.1 today, installing it right over 0.60, but when I imported a book that was converted by Calibre I kept getting an error message about malformed (or poorly formed) xml pages. It was a window that popped up and listed I think every single file in the book. So I reinstalled 0.6.0 and no error messages when I import the same book. For now I will keep 0.6.0 installed.

Is this a bug?

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #27
mrmikel
Color me gone

This from messages above:

This is noticeable because the preference was accidentally changed to Pretty Print instead of Pretty Print Tidy. Apparently there are a lot of invalid files out there that have been getting cleaned up automatically. The setting will be corrected in the next version (everyone using Pretty Print or Pretty Print Tidy will get reset to use Pretty Print Tidy on first use).