Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2020, 11:03 PM   #1
likeaghost
likeaghost began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation
Calibre 4.10 night mode/dark mode

Hello!
I just downloaded the new version of Calibre less than an hour ago. I was using it, then it prompted me to update, so I did. In the previous version, I was operating it on dark/night mode which I was super happy with. I didn't need to code anything, it was simply an option in the update.

When I updated the program, suddenly I couldn't find the option to switch to dark mode. Am I just missing something, or is it really just not an option anymore?

In the mean time, I may just revert back to the previous...

Last edited by likeaghost; 02-06-2020 at 11:08 PM.
likeaghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There are no night/dark mode changes in 4.10, although the version of Qt calibre shipped with was updated so maybe something changed there. And there was never an option for it, it gets detected automatically from OS settings. Is that not happening for you?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2020, 11:23 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah looks like it is indeed a Qt change, sigh. Will release a fix with a workaround soon.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #4
likeaghost

Aww, that's too bad.
I think I'll wait for it instead.
I really appreciate the app though. Thank you for it! And the response.
Old 02-07-2020, 01:56 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

update is released.
Advert
Old 02-09-2020, 01:59 AM   #6
xversion1
Enthusiast
xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xversion1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
update is released.
I don't see any notice about new update. Should I manually reinstall it?
xversion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 02:43 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yes .
Old 02-12-2020, 06:35 AM   #8
jpirez
jpirez began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Dark Mode It is still not working
jpirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:45 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirez View Post
Dark Mode It is still not working
Which OS and version

If Windows it works on recent version 10 releases, just set the Personalisation->Colours->Choose your colour to Dark

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:51 PM   #10
likeaghost

Smile Random but...

I have discovered that my Calibre on "system default" appears as the standard grey shades of old school Windows, and when i shift to "Calibre style" it goes to "dark mode" like my system default is set to.

I'm not sure if that's helpful to anyone, but I'm pretty pleased.
Old 05-03-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
xxxxx
xxxxx began at the beginning.

Device: boox n9ml / kindle voyage
Using 4.15 with dark mode/calibre style, the book list is using black fonts (see attached image).
Any idea why and how I can change the color of the fonts ? (it happens only in the list view, the other views look fine).
I'm using windows 10 1809 in dark mode, everything else works normally, when I use `User Interface style > system default`, it works as it should (light bg, dark fonts), but the list view of `calibre style`is dark fonts on dark bg.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre_oBj9xrAwWt.png
Views:	288
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	179045  
xxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:43 PM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@xxxxx - works fine for me with Windows 1909, why are you still using 1809?

The two ways I know to change the text colour are: Preferences->Look and feel->Column coloring and the Job Spy optional plugin.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote