Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 07:36 AM   #31
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@rvcjew
You can also use this website to upscale the image without loosing quality:
http://waifu2x.udp.jp/
This website is amazing, I use it all the time when switching to higher resolution screens.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:19 PM   #32
lisemolina
lisemolina began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Likebook P78
[QUOTE=rvcjew;4137265]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisemolina View Post

From what I could tell it was just PR art and not in the firmware anywhere but if you find it please post it. I made this one from the Art I could find and it should look pretty clear on the device.

Hi!! the image was great, I saved it in size 1404 x 1872 on Snagit.
Thanks!! It would be nice if we could have the cover of the book we're currently reading, but since it's not possible (for now) at least we can have fun exchanging pretty pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Likebook PR Art 2.png
Views:	156
Size:	300.6 KB
ID:	188167  
lisemolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #33
lisemolina
lisemolina began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@rvcjew
This website is amazing, I use it all the time when switching to higher resolution screens.
lisemolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 01:44 PM   #34
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@lisemolina
Try KOReader for Android, it has an option to save current book’s cover as an image file, which you can then select in system as wallpaper.
You can get KOReader on F-Droid or GitHub (pick apk for arm): https://github.com/koreader/koreader/releases
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 03:35 PM   #35
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
@rvcjew
Forgot that site existed Thanks.

[QUOTE=lisemolina;4138434]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post

Hi!! the image was great, I saved it in size 1404 x 1872 on Snagit.
Thanks!! It would be nice if we could have the cover of the book we're currently reading, but since it's not possible (for now) at least we can have fun exchanging pretty pictures!
I thought the stock app did covers for the lock screen? I don't use any of the stock apps on my likebooks so idk.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 05:49 AM   #36
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
Latest update broke the standby!!
Every time standby is called, the device reboots! I can power off but not while plugged in.
I did try a factory reset but it came back with the latest update already present.
I hope the boyue engineers are working on this!!
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:20 AM   #37
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
Every time standby is called, the device reboots! I can power off but not while plugged in.
I did try a factory reset but it came back with the latest update already present.
I hope the boyue engineers are working on this!!
By standby do you mean sleep or that when you turn it off (shut down) and the attach it to power it turns on? If the turns off then attach power that is by design and should have always done that. It needs to charge if it's super dead then it will boot the os and continue to charge. I'm pretty sure all boyue devices do this.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:22 AM   #38
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Which version?
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 07:24 PM   #39
Ricochet
Ricochet began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Which version?
The update is "BYRead-V3.1.1-2021072816". It causes sleep/standby mode to set off a reboot.

They intially also advertised the update on their official Twitter account but have since deleted the tweets.

I emailed their "support" for a fix or a rollback to an earlier version - no answer, of course.
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:20 AM   #40
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
The update is "BYRead-V3.1.1-2021072816". It causes sleep/standby mode to set off a reboot.

They intially also advertised the update on their official Twitter account but have since deleted the tweets.

I emailed their "support" for a fix or a rollback to an earlier version - no answer, of course.
I have no problems with this update, but I received it OTA.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 03:51 AM   #41
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
By standby do you mean sleep or that when you turn it off (shut down) and the attach it to power it turns on? If the turns off then attach power that is by design and should have always done that. It needs to charge if it's super dead then it will boot the os and continue to charge. I'm pretty sure all boyue devices do this.
Sleep. It seems I'm not the only one.
This update came OTA so I clicked "Sure, why not?"
Old 08-02-2021, 06:47 AM   #42
Ricochet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I have no problems with this update, but I received it OTA.
Also received mine OTA. Wouldn't even know where to download the update file for a manual update - I think they only occasionally post mega dl links on Twitter, if prompted.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #43
Ricochet

Quote:
Sleep. It seems I'm not the only one.
This update came OTA so I clicked "Sure, why not?"
Finally received an answer from likebook@boyue.com:

"Thank you for your contact.

We have asked engineer team check the FW and fix the bug, we will release a newer version this week.

Please kindly help to wait some more time if possible, we are sorry for the inconvenience.."
Old 08-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #44
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:

We have asked engineer team check the FW and fix the bug, we will release a newer version this week.

Please kindly help to wait some more time if possible, we are sorry for the inconvenience.."
That's good lets see if they actually do it. Seems like a huge testing oversite.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #45
kndlewis
Connoisseur

Quote: