Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-04-2021, 08:03 PM   #106
ereaderchannel
ereaderchannel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, kindle paperwhite 4, onyx boox note air
I am in Singapore and I want this so bad. But I cannot find it anywhere on the market...
ereaderchannel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #107
Nelebh
Nelebh began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+, Kobo Clara HD, Hanlin V5 (not in use)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
https://the-digital-reader.com/2013/...re-a-dead-end/

Apparently the triton screen was very grey.
It will be so interesting if one could compare a Kaleido 2 device with the Jetbook Color 2 side by side. In the image on the article the screen was very very gray, the color are almost indistinguisable - but see below the image of the Nova 3 color just announced today, or the PocketBook: https://imgur.com/a/nWKIWID

I think seeing past devices the sceptical approach about color e-ink is understandable, but color is way better than the first time, and it can be useful now, not simply a gimmick. Even if they color filter is clearly visible and it's still inferior to a regular screen experience.

And I'm pleasantly surprised by the fast iteration of Kaleido. Kaleido 1 in 2020, now Kaleido 2 and 2.5 (only Sony devices, right?) and there's talk about Kaleido 3 already? Awesome. I also think my next e-reader will probably a color one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nova3-Color%E8%BD%AE%E6%92%AD1.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	185799  
Nelebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:10 AM   #108
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
How much the color filter disturb the b/w experience?
Images and video of those screens seems fine.
I would like to figure it out
- if those screens can be used without using the lateral light, or keeping it at very minimum.
- if i would end up using it just with coloured material because my nova is better for b/w.

maybe i would try first with a smartphone, if they can make one with google play
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:06 AM   #109
rectsandsquares
rectsandsquares began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereaderchannel View Post
I am in Singapore and I want this so bad. But I cannot find it anywhere on the market...
You can grab yours from our online store (www.rectsandsquares.com). We're based in Malaysia
rectsandsquares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:55 AM   #110
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Looks like Newegg finally has these back in stock...

https://www.newegg.com/pocketbook-in...5007-_-Product
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 12:04 AM   #111
KoboFormaMX
KoboFormaMX began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
From my point of view color E-ink screens have less contrast of solid blacks than b&w. Turns the E-ink object into a non lcd tablet. comments?
KoboFormaMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:20 PM   #112
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
I bought one a few months ago.

Neither color illustrations nor black text are horrible, but neither is appealing except with very bright ambient light. The frontlight just does not make the display comfortable for me. Even in bright light text is a bit pixelated and any text in illustrations is fuzzy.

I mostly paged through (but did not read) two books on the Inkpad Color, Factfulness by Hans Rosling and Immune by Philipp Dettmer. The filled in color illustrations in both look much better on the Inkpad Color than on a standard black and white e-ink screen but not nearly as good as on a color LCD unless the LCD is in sunlight.

For me, the reading UI is clunky compared to kindles, mostly because of no "back" functionality as near as I can tell and the automatic rotation detection is slow.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 01:10 AM   #113
Clort
Clort began at the beginning.

Device: inkbook color 741
Screen adequate. Software close to adequate.

Having only used a Kindle in 2013 prior to the Pocketbook PB741, I am not disappointed by text quality with black and white books. Brighter white background would be the most welcome improvement for me.

The color is extremely useful to read maps and diagrams. If you care about photo quality, this isn't the device.

A giant value-add proposition would be to get some kind of moving map support for my bike-rides. I'm investigating how this can be achieved now.

As a reader, the software disappoints primarily in failing to automatically scale my pdfs and epubs to full TEXT width (not page width) in landscape or portrait. The limited size and resolution requires manual scaling with pinch, then adjusting offset, then scaling again.

What makes this worse is that paging through a book after scaling to full-width text, every next page is offset again , alternating left and right, at least in some scale factors. This I interpret as a genuine software bug.

Auto-scale pdf/epub text to full width would be my #1 feature enhancement suggestion for the reader program .
Clort is offline   Reply With Quote