Notices

Old 03-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #61
BasilC
Zealot
BasilC is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Basil, as I wrote earlier, I don't think you can install both Interpilot and FontHack123. I know you can't have both Piloc and FontHack123 together. And as I mentioned before, Interpilot has now been folded into Piloc, so I assume what is true for one is true for the other. RadleyP
Do you mean you can't have them both installed or that you can't have them both activated at the same time?
Old 04-11-2003, 01:15 PM   #62
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
Scheduling question

I'm delighted by the new scheduling feature - while I have scheduling working with Windows Scheduler and ISiloXC, this is a lot more "elegant."
My question: my .ixl contains 10 sites, 1 that gets updated every 2 hours, and the rest once a day. What is the recommended approach to scheduling this? I could manually schedule the 9 for daily (since I can't use "always" because of the 2 hour refresh site) or I could put the 2 hour in a separate .ixl and schedule 1 of the 9 then mark the rest "always." I'm particularly looking for the developer's take on this
Thanks,
Advert
Old 04-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #63
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

The recommended way to do this is to just have a single .ixl file containing all 10 sites. Set the schedules for the nine that you want updated daily to daily schedules and set the schedule for the one that you want updated every two hours to every two hours. There is no need to use "always" or to separate the sites into different .ixl files since each of the sites in the .ixl file can have different schedules. iSiloX already has the necessary logic to intelligently schedule and re-schedule conversion of the .ixl file correctly according to the individual schedules in the list.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:33 PM   #64
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

OK - I understood that I could have them all in one file, but I was trying to get around having to schedule all of them individually for daily (lazy, I know <g>). I realize now that's just as easy as setting them to "always"
On another note, I just ran into a bit f trouble on scheduler which I had set to run (on my XP Pro machine) even when I wasn't logged in. My son was logged in playing a game, and this background activity caused the screen to go black. Not a serious problem for me to rectify, and I've now set iSilo to only run when I'm logged in. Question: With XP I can be logged in, but have another account "active" through Fast User Switching - does iSilo look at whether I'm "active" or just logged in.
Thanks for your response.
Old 04-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #65
iSilo
Developer
iSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it isiSilo knows what time it is

The determination of whether you are logged in or not is determined by Windows or Windows Task Scheduler. iSiloX does not make that determination. When iSiloX schedules itself with the Windows Task Scheduler it just sets the setting through Windows Task Scheduler. So I don't know whether Windows considers you as logged in if you have fast user switching. Maybe you can give it a try and report on the results.
Advert
Old 04-14-2003, 02:35 PM   #66
captainao
Enthusiast

Thanks - I understood iSilo's role relative to Task Scheduler; I was trying to get at intended use, and what might have caused my problem. I think the game crash occurred because iSilo attempted to put up an onscreen window - is there a way around this.
FYI, I did test and in this context an XP user who is "inactive" is not considered logged in.
Finally, any thought of adding the Task Scheduler options for running tasks on computer startup and/or login?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:36 PM   #67
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
Basil C: sorry I did not answer your last post here. You can have both installed, but you can activate only one, either Piloc or FontHack 123. Such usage, however, is a pain: you have to deactivate, then reactivate; one is a hack, one is not. So I don't use FontHack. RadleyP
Old 04-19-2003, 02:36 AM   #68
iSilo
Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by captainao
I think the game crash occurred because iSilo attempted to put up an onscreen window - is there a way around this.
Finally, any thought of adding the Task Scheduler options for running tasks on computer startup and/or login?
The latest beta, iSiloX 3.35b3 adds an option for hiding the progress window during scheduled conversions. To set this up, install the latest beta, start iSiloX, open your .ixl file, go to the Tools menu, click Options, click the Scheduling tab, and check the option labeled "Hide progress dialog during scheduled conversions". Please give it a try.

Additional options for scheduling are under consideration for future updates. But the current scheduling options are the only ones that will make it into the 3.35 update.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #69
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Tried this out yesterday and today. Yesterday it worked out fine, and it was kind of cool to see that when I synced, my files had downloaded without me really knowing about it. My one scheduling time this morning did not run, but I'll see how it works later this afternoon.

I've been meaning to report that the general scheduling function with the new beta sometimes runs and sometimes doesn't. If I notice that it didn't run, I open up the ixl file and it pops up the countdown alert telling me that it knew it had a scheduled conversion and it will do it in x seconds. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this fickle behavior. I am using ME.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:33 PM   #70
iSilo
Developer

At the time that the scheduled conversion was supposed to run but didn't, was the computer on? Or was it off? If it was off, that would explain it. If the computer is off when a scheduled task is supposed to run, Windows Task Scheduler does not run the task when the computer is turned back on. Hence, iSiloX does not get a chance to run the scheduled conversion or to reschedule itself. Because of this issue, the implementation of how iSiloX schedules itself with Windows Task Scheduler may need to be reworked.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:36 PM   #71
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
I would like to second an earlier request that the iSilo scheduler allow for running the converter the moment the computer is turned on. Is this difficult to do? Radleyp
Old 04-21-2003, 12:53 PM   #72
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by iSilo
At the time that the scheduled conversion was supposed to run but didn't, was the computer on? Or was it off? If it was off, that would explain it. If the computer is off when a scheduled task is supposed to run, Windows Task Scheduler does not run the task when the computer is turned back on. Hence, iSiloX does not get a chance to run the scheduled conversion or to reschedule itself. Because of this issue, the implementation of how iSiloX schedules itself with Windows Task Scheduler may need to be reworked.
It was on and connected to the inet.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #73
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

Ok, I did my morning experiment. I let the scheduled download go on in the background.

And it didn't happen.

I'm using Windows ME. Let me know what other info will be helpful to you.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:22 AM   #74
captainao
Enthusiast

iSilo - I am experiencing the same thing as sUnShInE; while my scheduled tasks seem to be running fine, about 20-30 seconds after I open up iSiloX it will pop-up the scheduled task run box - even if it has just run, and it is nowhere near a scheduled activity. This happens only if the .ixl that is opened originally contains scheduled tasks.
Also, if I open with an .ixl with scheduled tasks, then switch to a new .ixl, it will still put up the box, but the task won't actually run.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #75
captainao
Enthusiast

radleyp - for now, you can run a task at login by creating a simple batch file that uses isiloxc and putting a shortcut to it in your startup folder. I've had this for awhile, and it works well - I only asked about adding to iSiloX as it would allow for centralized scheduling control, but the batch file really isn't very difficult.