Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
pbmac
pbmac began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on Ubuntu Linux
Weird problem - the entire epub is itailcized

I have 2 computers (Ubuntu Linux 12.04), each with the latest 0.9.35 version of Calibre installed. I have my Library on a memory stick. I have an epub formatted file that displays fine on my laptop version, but when I open the same epub on the desktop computer the ENTIRE text is in italics. This does NOT happen with any other files that I have - just this one.

So did I inadvertently set some preference that I need to restore?

Anyone got any idea? I don't mind the italics - its just annoying.

Thanks,
pat
pbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmac View Post
I have 2 computers (Ubuntu Linux 12.04), each with the latest 0.9.35 version of Calibre installed. I have my Library on a memory stick. I have an epub formatted file that displays fine on my laptop version, but when I open the same epub on the desktop computer the ENTIRE text is in italics. This does NOT happen with any other files that I have - just this one.

Anyone got any idea? I don't mind the italics - its just annoying.

Thanks,
pat
1 book probably indicates that a incorrect font has been (auto) chosen to substitute for a declared, but not embedded font (or system).

There is a very slight chance the the WRONG font was declared and it exists on that system, but the alternate was used on the first system.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmac View Post
No preference will change this. Theducks is on the right track. To be clear there is something in your book that is wrong. One machine was able to ignore the other was not able to ignore it. Most likely you will need to use something like Sigil to edit the CSS inside the ePub to correct the problem.

I have corrected books like this in the past but for me it was always hit and miss editing of the css and the book until I stumbled on the correct solution. Be sure to have a backup copy of the book before you begin editing it.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
pbmac
pbmac began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre on Ubuntu Linux
Thanks all for the response. I will get Sigil installed and take a look.

Have a great day
pat
pbmac is offline   Reply With Quote