Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-08-2022, 02:48 PM   #1
pgianpy
pgianpy began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook HD3/Era
KOReader and TTS (Voice) Feature on PocketBook HD3

Hi guys
I am new to this interesting forum, and I am asking a question since I did not see anything similar using the Search function.

I have got a brand new PocketBook HD3 (it's a touch device) since with my Kindle Paperwhite it is not possible to use TTS to read a book in languages other than English. I am learning Spanish at the moment and reading a book and at the same time listening to the synthesised voices makes it all much simpler.

Unfortunately, the Dictionary (Spanish>English) that can be installed on a PB HD3 are only three, and their quality is pretty low (many common words have no translation).

Because of that, I was happy to try out KOReader where you can add dictionaries as you wish.
However, now I have the problem that when KOReader is running, the button to start/stop TTS (usually on the first button from the right) is mapped to a different function. I tried to change the KOReader function of this button, but I can not find anywhere the option to map it to "Start TTS", or "Toggle TTS" or anything similar.

Any idea if this is possible and how?

Thanks in advance
Gianpiero
pgianpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi. Welcome!

It is not possible. KOReader doesn't support TTS or, generally speaking, any kind of multimedia beyond images.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert