Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
amhw
amhw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Onyx Boox Note 2 slanted power button?

I just got my new Boox Note 2 and the device is amazing. However, the hardware seems kind of flimsy. The back button is very shallow and my power button is slanted. There was a thread a while ago on a Boox Note Pro's "power button stuck out at a a slight angle". I was wondering if anyone else here got similar symptoms on their Note 2.

My Note 2's button doesn't exactly "stick out," but the button definitely feels different when I push on the left corner and the right corner. It's almost as if Onyx hid the power switch off to the right (when viewed from the screen side), and the LED (left) side of the button is just a spring with nothing underneath. In fact, the power button only triggers if I press on the right side. On the left side I need to press very hard so the right side is also depressed in order to actuate the button.

I checked the demo Note 2 and Max 3 units at the local Onyx shop and they are all the same as my device, so either it's a very common defect or this is just how Onyx build the buttons. Perhaps I'm nitpicking, but it definitely makes the device quality appear worse than it should be.

I attached a picture of my Note 2's power button. Notice the slight slant to the LED side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1215.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	418.3 KB
ID:	178230  
amhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:56 AM   #2
CoryHamma
eBook Junkie
CoryHamma began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Power button slanted and working intermittently

Seems like the power button is either a bad design or a cheap part. My Onyx Boox Note Pro power button has gone from normal to slanted too, and it doesn't work right every time I push it. Guess it's time to see if they will stand behind their product, or if I'm going to have to crack this thing open and fix it myself.
CoryHamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
boox note2, hardware problems, note 2, power button issue