Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-30-2020, 11:40 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Adding a prefix...?

I sometimes add prefixes to my book titles.

For example, a roleplaying supplement or adventure might need a prefix listing which system it's written for, and which setting it's written for.

I would rather use a separate column, so I don't have to add them to the titles. A separate column would avoid having to edit each title, would make it easier to edit the prefixes, would make it easier to see the rest of the title, and so on.

I currently have "Sending Books to Devices" set to {#genre}/{title}.

If I use {#genre}/{#prefix}{title}, will this insert a space when there is a prefix?

If I use {#genre}/{#prefix} {title}, will this skip a space when there isn't a prefix, or start the output file names with that space?

I haven't used series prefixes for fiction books, but my do that to make it easier to navigate my Story Hd.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 01:35 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Using "{#genre}/{#prefix}{title}" should only put a space in if #prefix contained only spaces. I have used a similar thing with the series name, and that will work how you want it. I'm not sure what would happen with "{#genre}/{#prefix} {title}". It might depend on the file system.

But, I'd probably do something like:

Code:
{#genre}/{#prefix:| | - }{title}
That will put " - " after the prefix if it is not empty. And if it is empty, nothing will be added.

You might want to look at doing this in a metadata plugboard. If this is the template for sending the book to the device, it is setting the filename and path. Whether you will see that when using the device depends on the device. A metadata plugboard can change the title in the metadata. Your Kindles will display this, not the file name.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2020, 10:50 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
I've been adding these a few at a time, and run into a problem.

Sometimes the series titles start with Th as in Þ.

I've tried typing Þ but Calibre interprets this as a function involving tags instead of a letter.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, export