Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #511
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jindroush View Post
Guys, I'm a little bit lost. When I look up metadata for czech edition of Ray Bradbury's Pampeliškové víno (isbn:9780671037703), I can see that lots of data was downloaded, from log it's clear that comments, series, publisher were correctly downloaded and parsed, but after the "OK", it seems that only "ids" column is filled.
Anybody else has this weird problem?
(Running Calibre 5.0.1, x64 on Windows 10 x64bit, english).
Just tried it here and it worked with no problems. Can you check the plugin configuration? Make sure you have selected the options for the metadata fields you want to download with the plugin.

And if that doesn't work, can you post the log? There might be a clue in it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #512
jindroush
Connoisseur
jindroush is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Grrr, I overlooked that there are two different 'download' fields - one for the plugin and one global. In plugin all were selected, but in global none were selected.
Plz disregard this bogus report, everything is okay.
jindroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2020, 02:46 PM   #513
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
I'm feeling quite dumb here... Is there a way to just drop the "main" Genre in the Tags, without mapping? BTW my goal is to gather ONE Genre, nothing else.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #514
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegAnne View Post
I'm feeling quite dumb here... Is there a way to just drop the "main" Genre in the Tags, without mapping? BTW my goal is to gather ONE Genre, nothing else.
Probably not. But, how do you define "main genre"?
Old 09-28-2020, 08:40 AM   #515
joris0127
joris0127 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura 1
When trying to download a book most of the time i get this back as error:

Quote:
Running identify query with parameters:
{'title': 'Leashing the Tempest', 'authors': ['Bennett, Jenn'], 'identifiers': {}, 'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 5, 1), Google (1, 0, 1), Amazon.com (1, 2, 14)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Goodreads (1, 5, 1) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 0.0760183334350586
identify - start. title=Leashing the Tempest, authors=['Bennett, Jenn'], identifiers={}
Querying: https://www.goodreads.com/search?sea...e=books&search[query]=Leashing+the+Tempest+Jenn+Bennett
Failed to make identify query: 'https://www.goodreads.com/search?search_type=books&search[query]=Leashing+the+Tempest+Jenn+Bennett'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 218, in identify
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 241, in open_novisit
File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 277, in _mech_open
File "site-packages\mechanize\_opener.py", line 158, in _request
File "site-packages\mechanize\_request.py", line 74, in __init__
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 192, in __init__
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 178, in normalize_url
File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 175, in safe_encode
LookupError: unknown encoding: idna

Any idea what i might be missing?
joris0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2020, 09:20 AM   #516
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by joris0127 View Post
When trying to download a book most of the time i get this back as error:

Any idea what i might be missing?
I cannot reproduce this. What version of calibre are you running?
Old 09-28-2020, 11:34 AM   #517
joris0127

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I cannot reproduce this. What version of calibre are you running?
calibre 5.0.1 and goodreads plugin 1.5.1
Old 09-28-2020, 09:16 PM   #518
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
calibre 5.0.1 and goodreads plugin 1.5.1
Those are the versions I am using.

And, I should have asked: What OS? And language for the OS and calibre? I don't think the latter has an affect, but, it is the only other thing I can think of.

Is it just that search, or all?
Old 10-01-2020, 04:36 AM   #519
joris0127

Quote:
Those are the versions I am using.

And, I should have asked: What OS? And language for the OS and calibre? I don't think the latter has an affect, but, it is the only other thing I can think of.

Is it just that search, or all?
Sorry for the late reply. Im using Windows both languages are on english.

The URL in the error message also works for my PC so i dont think i'm getting blocked. It seems that alot of searches dont work but a fair few also do work. Mistborn works for example but Air Awakens (Elise Kova) doesnt work evne though both are on goodreads.
Old 10-04-2020, 12:50 PM   #520
joris0127

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply. Im using Windows both languages are on english.

The URL in the error message also works for my PC so i dont think i'm getting blocked. It seems that alot of searches dont work but a fair few also do work. Mistborn works for example but Air Awakens (Elise Kova) doesnt work evne though both are on goodreads.
What for some reason seems to work is download and apply metadata for the right book from some other source (i use a plugin for google and amazon) and then click download metadata again to get goodreads information without the idna error. There also seems to be a bigger likelyhood for getting the error when one of the fields contain a , : . or other "weird" tokens.

I hope this helps
Old 10-04-2020, 09:41 PM   #521
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What for some reason seems to work is download and apply metadata for the right book from some other source (i use a plugin for google and amazon) and then click download metadata again to get goodreads information without the idna error. There also seems to be a bigger likelyhood for getting the error when one of the fields contain a , : . or other "weird" tokens.
It works for other metadata sources as the plugin code is different and the web sites are different. But, in this case, I think it is a bug in how Python imports the plugins on Windows. There is calibre beta to fix this issue. This should be released in the next few days, but, you can try the beta now and see if it fixes it for you.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #522
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I was wondering if you could update the plugin so that adding the Goodreads identifier to the metadata could be optional if it's already there.

There are different versions/editions of the same book that Goodreads gives individual ids to. I can't seem to prevent the plugin from overriding what I already have.

Update identifier only if empty
Update identifier never
Override existing identifier

An example would be books by Erica Chilson
She revised her entire series. Each book has the same name, but the revised edition has a different id than what is listed normally.

I have both versions of her books, but when I download the metadata (I am updating comments) only the old version id shows up.

Last edited by Rellwood; 10-07-2020 at 08:56 AM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:08 AM   #523
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I was wondering if you could update the plugin so that adding the Goodreads identifier to the metadata could be optional if it's already there.

There are different versions/editions of the same book that Goodreads gives individual ids to. I can't seem to prevent the plugin from overriding what I already have.

Update identifier only if empty
Update identifier never
Override existing identifier

An example would be books by Erica Chilson
She revised her entire series. Each book has the same name, but the revised edition has a different id than what is listed normally.

I have both versions of her books, but when I download the metadata (I am updating comments) only the old version id shows up.
That shouldn't happen. If there is a GR id, it should be used to get the metadata. And that means the identifier should not change. Can you post a log from when this happens so I can see what is actually happening?
Old 10-08-2020, 09:52 PM   #524
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Quote:
That shouldn't happen. If there is a GR id, it should be used to get the metadata. And that means the identifier should not change. Can you post a log from when this happens so I can see what is actually happening?
Ok, I'll see if I can either "make it happen" or just keep an eye out if it does.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 01:53 PM   #525
MegAnne
Enthusiast
MegAnne began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire HD 10
Quote:
Probably not. But, how do you define "main genre"?
Top level only on Shelves.
MegAnne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata