Notices

Old 06-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
earthq
Enthusiast
earthq began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre UI

Hi,

What is the sense of the white area on the top of Calibre UI, enabled as hyperlink on mouseover ?

Thanks.
earthq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That is where your reader shows as an additional icon when connected via USB. It will also be used to show icons for any additional cards in the reader. If you are using a reader that do not use USB connection you will only ever see the icon for the Calibre database displayed there.

If the question is simply why does the "hand" symbol appear wherever the mouse is in the area, I suspect that is just a quirk of the underlying graphic libraries and the way they are being used.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If the question is simply why does the "hand" symbol appear wherever the mouse is in the area, I suspect that is just a quirk of the underlying graphic libraries and the way they are being used.
The hand cursor is not a quirk. It is set to that cursor on purpose. I don't know why but I can assume it's for a visual cue to denote that you can click on the items in the area.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
The hand cursor is not a quirk. It is set to that cursor on purpose. I don't know why but I can assume it's for a visual cue to denote that you can click on the items in the area.
Well normal style would be for it to be a hand cursor when over the clickable icon and not when in the white part where there is nothing to click. Tht is why I said it may be a quirk.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
earthq
Enthusiast
earthq began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good to hear what is it for.
I do not have any device yet, so I suspected some kind of reserved area for anouncements, advertising or similar.
It will be great if it could be hidden for those Calibre users that use it just for cataloging their libraries or do not have a device to send ebooks to.

Regards
earthq is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Well normal style would be for it to be a hand cursor when over the clickable icon and not when in the white part where there is nothing to click.
You're right. I've pushed up a change so that this will be the behavior.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote