Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Melbourne Victoria Australia (possibly Eastern suburbs, but negotiable) June 2009

Hi, epiphany and I are interested in arranging a MR Melbourne meet-up.

If we have a few people interested, we can decide on a date and venue together. I suggest June 2009 in a cafe around the Glen Waverley area, but we're very open to suggestions.

Any Melburnians or interstaters interested? Do you have a preference for venue/location? I'll send PMs to the MR people I've had contact with that I believe may be interested. If I don't PM you and you're interested, please PM epiphany or me or reply in this thread.

Last edited by cbell; 02-20-2009 at 03:33 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 AM   #2
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
Could well manage a meet up at the weekend, would be better if we could organize to meet in the Melbourne CBD though as I am in the mid western suburbs.

Karen
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 05:35 AM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

CBD is OK by me. I live in the outer East, but I can include a visit to Point Cook rellies on the same day. I know epiphany's flexible about the venue, too.

I'm thinking a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, wintery weather, warm cafe with cakes, good coffee and readers. Do you have any suggestions for a venue?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
[QUOTE=cbell;360544]Hi, epiphany and I are interested in arranging a MR Melbourne meet-up.

I'm interested, but live in Launceston and don't think I could get there on a weekend. Please keep me informed anyway.

I do venture into Melbourne occasionally as my wife and I have season tickets to the Opera. Our next visit is in April.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:08 PM   #5
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
I'm definitely interested. I'm retired so I can fit in with everyone else's schedule. I'd prefer the meeting place easy to access by public transport though.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
If Marc attends, it could be worth HUGE bucks to anyone posting a picture of him........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i believe moz lives in melbourne. you might send him a message to see if he's interested. sounds like a lot of fun ! i wish i could go, but that is a loooooooong flight for me ! you will have to tell us all about it. if you find a place with wifi, you could even give us live updates !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #8
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Are we allowed to receive live feeds from tomorrow?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:33 PM   #9
cbell
Frenetic

RCR, That's great, I look forward to meeting you!

zelda, it would be awesome if you could attend, but I understand you're a long, long way from Melbourne. I read about the French meetup with envy.

AlexBell, if you'll be in Melb around May/June, maybe we can arrange a time to suit you.

DG, Marc was second on my invite list and he's only a 2 and half hour flight away. C'mon, Marc! It'll be fun!

pshrynk, huh, hmm? I don't understand half of what you say and the other half doesn't always make sense to me. But you're allowed... anyway, you should take responsibility for this meetup... its because of you that I'm involved with it.

and roytravis is interested, too. That's about 5 of us already, so its looking good.
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #10
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
[QUOTE=cbell;361809]RCR, That's great, I look forward to meeting you!

AlexBell, if you'll be in Melb around May/June, maybe we can arrange a time to suit you.

No, sorry. It's 22nd and 23rd April for the Magic Flute and the Montagues and Capulets - or November for Aida and Cosi Fan Tutte.

I could maybe make June, so please keep me informed.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:25 AM   #11
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
zelda, it would be awesome if you could attend, but I understand you're a long, long way from Melbourne. I read about the French meetup with envy.
heh, i think we are all envious of the meetups we can't attend. but perhaps this is a good thing, as it motivates us to launch meetups we *can* attend, which means more meetups overall.
Quote:
DG, Marc was second on my invite list and he's only a 2 and half hour flight away. C'mon, Marc! It'll be fun!
2 and a half hours ? pff, that's nothing in australia, right ? i bet he goes further than that just to buy milk !
Quote:
pshrynk, huh, hmm? I don't understand half of what you say and the other half doesn't always make sense to me. But you're allowed... anyway, you should take responsibility for this meetup... its because of you that I'm involved with it.
heeheehee ! poor pshrynk, he's so misunderstood...
Quote:
and roytravis is interested, too. That's about 5 of us already, so its looking good.
5 people only one day after you started the thread ! it's looking very good indeed ! i think you've got a quorum already.
Old 02-21-2009, 09:30 AM   #12
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbell View Post
Bah! Unless the spa is less than 20 steps from the pool, and 10 from the coffee machine (with matching barista), I'm not coming. What? You say "lazy" like it's a bad thing.

Oh, and dg, I took another self portait for you, and have even used it to send you a personal representation of my affection:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
2 and a half hours ? pff, that's nothing in australia, right ? i bet he goes further than that just to buy milk !
Milk? Milk?! We only had gravel for our lattes when I was a lad, and we'd eat 't, happy and grateful, in a box in the middle of the road. Luxury.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:33 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Milk? Milk?! We only had gravel for our lattes when I was a lad, and we'd eat 't, happy and grateful, in a box in the middle of the road. Luxury.

Cheers,
Marc
so you'll be there, then ?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
so you'll be there, then ?
They're holding it a box in the middle of the road? I'm there, baby!
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Oh, and dg, I took another self portait for you, and have even used it to send you a personal representation of my affection:

Cheers,
Marc
Oh, thank you, Marc, I have printed, had itenlarged, and framed and its hanging in my living room where everyone can appreciate it. I'm thinking of having a copy made to donate to the kindergarten class.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote