Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Where did Tidy HTML go?

I'm using 0.9.5 and can't find Tidy HTML. (Actually I can't remember which is the nasty one and which the mild one. I want the mild one.) Anyone know what's up? (I mean, I'm sure you do.)
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:11 PM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You go Tools > Reformat Html > Mend & Prettify

I get there with Alt-P. Can't remember whether that's built-in or I made the shortcut.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Tidy's been gone since version 0.8.900. The gumbo parser that replaced it doesn't eat code, so it's not destructive. The best settings are to leave both options (open and save) for "Mend XHTML Source Code On" checked in the preferences. When you want to "Pretty Print" your code, use the Prettify feature Notjohn described. There's no more automatic Pretty-Pretting. You do it yourself - manually - whenever you're ready.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:16 PM   #4
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
You go Tools > Reformat Html > Mend & Prettify

I get there with Alt-P. Can't remember whether that's built-in or I made the shortcut.
Thanks Notjohn. Found it.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #5
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Tidy's been gone since version 0.8.900. The gumbo parser that replaced it doesn't eat code, so it's not destructive. The best settings are to leave both options (open and save) for "Mend XHTML Source Code On" checked in the preferences. When you want to "Pretty Print" your code, use the Prettify feature Notjohn described. There's no more automatic Pretty-Pretting. You do it yourself - manually - whenever you're ready.
Thanks Diap. I remember back in the old days, one of those choices (I think it was Tidy) was nasty and could really muck things up.

So the

Tools>Reformat HTML>Mend all HTML files

is the nasty one to be avoided now?

And the Mend and Prettify All HTML files just makes nice on the little stuff?
Advert
Old 09-22-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No. There isn't a nasty option any more. That was my point. There's nothing to be avoided anymore. Nasty went away with Tidy.

Mend is "fix what's broken (without eating content)."
Mend and Prettify is "fix what's broken (without eating content) and make the code look nice."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-22-2016 at 09:43 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
No. There isn't a nasty option any more. That was my point. There's nothing to be avoided anymore. Nasty went away with Tidy.

Mend is "fix what's broken (without eating content)."
Mend and Prettify is "fix what's broken (without eating content) and make the code look nice."
Wow. Cool. Thanks.