Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
barbed2
barbed2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless, mini, aura-hd
DD Image for Kobo Wireless N647B

I was unable to restore my Kobo Wireless N647B from any of the images that folks were nice enough to share with me, so they must have been from the N647 model.

I found another N647B for sale, cheap, so I now have a DD image from a factory restored internal SD card. If anybody is in need, ping me and I'll upload it somewhere you can grab it from. (970MB gzip'd)

This image will NOT work on an N647 model, it will only boot the "B" version.

Thanks all!

David
barbed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #2
barbed2
barbed2 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo wireless, mini, aura-hd
Notes:
0. If you break your system, you get to keep the pieces. This procedure comes with absolutely no warranty, use at your own risk.
1. check the device assigned to your SD card and adjust these instructions accordingly. If you restore to the wrong device, bad things WILL happen....VERY BAD! I cannot stress this enough!
2. the image create or SD restore take approx 5 minutes....patience is required!
3. the commands are for Linux, but will work from the CLI on Android or MacOS also.....watch your device names folks!
4. Windows can also restore an SD card from this image, there are many packages out there to do the job, I'm just not a Win guy. (if somebody would like to add to this post with Win instructions?)

SD card, image creation:
dd if=/dev/sdb of=N647_dd_factory.img bs=4M
gzip N647_dd_factory.img

SD card, restore from image:
gunzip N647_dd_factory.img.gz
dd if=N647_dd_factory.img of=/dev/sdb bs=4M

Comments/suggestions/corrections welcome!
barbed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
vadimmtl
vadimmtl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
It would b nice you upload SD image for N647b, will be very appreciated! Thank you
vadimmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
didoto
Enthusiast
didoto began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
Does anyone possess and is willing to share a working SD image of N647B?
Thanks in advance!
didoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:21 AM   #5
Sar999
Sar999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Hello all. I have a kobo n647b that is stuck in the loading page. It will not go any further and will not connect to any pc. I believe the file system may be corrupted as it was unplugged from a pc during an update. I have tried resetting it with all the methods possible and nothing changes. Would anyone be kind enough to send me a factory standard image? It would be greatly appreciated.
Sar999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:08 AM   #7
ddh0813
ddh0813 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo n647
Hello all. I have an old kobo n647 that is stuck in the loading page. Can anyone upload a link for the SD image for it please? Thank you.
ddh0813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:42 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent in reply to the other post.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 PM   #9
zychla15
zychla15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi. It's any chance to step by step instruction how to unblock n647b. I've already got SD card, try to restart and still nothing stuck in a loading page.
zychla15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:34 PM   #10
SergeCreado
SergeCreado began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo N647B
Hi, is it possible to get kobo n647b sd image as well?
SergeCreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:02 PM   #11
freekobo
Addict
freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.freekobo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbed2 View Post
.... (if somebody would like to add to this post with Win instructions?)...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

I used it many of times when I had a Glo, it can create and write images perfectly, just make sure you run as Admin and select the correct drive letter.

Enjoy!

Last edited by freekobo; 12-05-2015 at 06:05 PM.
freekobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:42 PM   #12
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeCreado View Post
Hi, is it possible to get kobo n647b sd image as well?
PM sent.
Old 12-16-2015, 02:55 AM   #13
Chanter
Chanter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Does anyone possess and is willing to share a working SD image of N647B?
Thanks in advance! chanter@poczta.fm
Chanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 04:16 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:13 AM   #15
Chanter
Chanter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello
Thank you for your happy birthday "davidfor"
The reader works and format the card was corrupted to 256MB.
Thanks.
Chanter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
image, kobo, n647b, recovery, wireless