Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Finally! New Kindle Cover! M-Edge

See it now at http://www.buymedge.com/index.html

Whoo hoo!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Looks promising. I can't see anywhere whether the outside is leather or plastic...am I missing something?

Bit pricey, but looks as though it will hold the device far better than amazon's. At least they have a liberal return policy, so I may try one, but not available until next month.

Am holding my breath for a report from a user.
Advert
Old 02-08-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
rationalbiker
Connoisseur
rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
I'm wondering if closing it will cause the click-wheel to click like the Kindle stock cover does.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I put mine in screensaver mode before closing the case.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
rationalbiker
Connoisseur
rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rationalbiker has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Oh I do as well. I'm just still not too keen on one of the buttons constantly being pressed while the cover is closed. With the stock cover I did the velcro trick so the button doesn't get pressed at all because if I put the strap over the front, the click-wheel would click and stay pressed until I removed the strap.
Advert
Old 02-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #6
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I liked what I saw on their site, but had a few questions, and got the reply below. For the price, I'm a bit surprised that the cover is not leather. Think I'll wait a bit before buying. Here is what they emailed me:

Dear Kindle owners,
Thank you for your recent inquiries regarding the M-edge Accessories Executive Jacket for the Amazon Kindle. We have received substantial interest in this product line and numerous questions. We would like to pass along the following information in hopes of answering most of your questions regarding this jacket.

1) Color options: we are initially releasing this case in black, red, and brown. We may consider other colors such as pink and green in the future based consumer demand.
2) The Executive jacket will easily fold back on itself, and there is no need to remove kindle from the jacket to use it.
3) We have not tested the Executive jacket with Mighty Bright Light to determine compatibility.
4) The exterior of the Executive jacket is synthetic leather
5) The Executive jacket will come in contact with the click wheel when closed; however the click wheel will not be held in the depress position when the jacket is closed.
6) We intend to add additional pictures to our website as soon as possible.
7) Dimensions and weight: 7-3/4" x 6"; 5 ozs
8) There is an elastic strap over upper right corner that allows for easy access to the power and wireless transmitting switches. This strap can easily be pulled away from the kindle and does not depress the "next page" button.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 PM   #7
Tchadwick
Tchadwick began at the beginning.

Kill A COW SAVE A NAGA !

It is genuine Naga Hide!
I say: that seems a bit extravagant; the red headed freckled belly Naga indigenous in South Africa went the way of the carrier pigeons. Now we are going to endanger the South American Naga. I heard that pigmies hunt them for money. They use blow guns, so that it won’t damage the hide and they get the most money.

For shame for shame.

Kill a COW!
Save a NAGA!

Terry
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Please take this over to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20244

Thanks!

Closed Thread