Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #31
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronosxiii View Post
Just realised one last thing: Is this error due to me doing something bad or is it because the battery is dead
Most likely you don't have libusb installed.
So install it.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #32
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
That should not be needed with the pre-compiled k3flasher binaries - they are statically linked with libusbx and will only need to dynamically load glibc (at some point I should link them statically against a friendly libc, too, so this can be overcome).

@chronosxiii: take the k3flasher-x86(_64).bin binaries from the k3flasher thread, they should be almost self-containing.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #33
chronosxiii
chronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3
i have 32bit OS Ubuntu, is the command the same?
"sudo ./k3flasher-x86.bin" etc etc

EDIT:"It is suggested you power-cycle the device."

I'm buying a new battery and then i'll let you know thanks

Last edited by chronosxiii; 02-17-2013 at 09:23 AM.
chronosxiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #34
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

chronosxiii: yes, the same. or just rename it to k3flasher. make sure it is executable, though: you may need a "chmod +x k3flasher-x86.bin" to make it. I'm not sure if I would buy a battery when the outcome is still not clear.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 AM   #35
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
agreed. I wouldn't buy anything neither yet.

test the other binary as suggested.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2013, 11:10 AM   #36
chronosxiii
chronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolatechronosxiii is generous with chocolate

I had changed permission before you even posted it by reading on the other thread somewhere that someone suggested to change it, yet still the same outcome!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #37
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm. charge it for a day? Guess you tried that.

Test the battery level with a multimeter???
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #38
chronosxiii

bought a battery for less than 10gbp on ebay, it's my last chance before i just bin everything
Old 02-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #39
chronosxiii

Ok the Kindle is Fried! I changed the battery and all, plug it to USB, its recognized for a few seconds but then K3flasher says that I need to 'POWERCYCLE' the device.. I tried to charge it overnight 2x and nothing changed. I am now facing a dilemma

1) Sell it on the bay as/for spare parts
2) Buy a kindle with broken screen, and use my working screen on that one
3) Bin everything and buy a new K5 (not the paperwhite cause I don't think it's worth the money)

What do you suggest
Old 02-22-2013, 06:36 AM   #40
hawhill
Wizard

Errrm. That's the standard message when k3flasher fails. What is the exact error description it has given?

What of your options to chose would depend on your attitude, I guess. Can't help you there. However, I think 1+3 could be combined.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
chronosxiii

Quote:
I: success.
I: found suitable device
E: reading data from device: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
E: sending data to device: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
E: aborting. It is suggested you power-cycle the device.
This is the message
Old 02-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #42
hawhill
Wizard

Oh. It might be a bad cable, or you might not be running it with sufficient permissions? Try running it with the root user! ("su" or "sudo k3flasher ...")
But OTOH of course it might just be broken beyond repair...
Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
chronosxiii

I run all commads as sudo, also I can't seem to be able to find a broken kindle so I can try to replace my logic board with that, do you know of any sites that sell the internals?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:49 AM   #44
hawhill
Wizard

Sorry, I don't. I guess there's only a private market for those, so ebay is your best bet, I guess...
Old 02-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #45
chronosxiii

I have resovled by swapping logic boards with a broken Kindle bought on ebay and then it worked perfectly.

I don't know how my logic board exploded or got corrupted, thing is I will never install duokan again

Tags
howto, k3flasher, kernel, kindle3, recovery