Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #286
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I'd like to ask that Patricia do the next "Little House" book, "Farmer Boy."

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #287
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I'd like to ask that Patricia do the next "Little House" book, "Farmer Boy."

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease!
I'd love to; but PG Canada haven't issued it (yet?). Find me a copy and I'll convert it.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #288
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I'd love to; but PG Canada haven't issued it (yet?). Find me a copy and I'll convert it.
I'm checking the site daily.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #289
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I've given up, but could someone please - pretty please - convert HarryT's The_Origin_of_Species which is in lrf format - to prc....National geographical this month has whetted my appetite for reading Darwin.... pretty thanks and chocolate doughnuts alround....
(this thick twit couldn't do it himself ....... )
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #290
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I've given up, but could someone please - pretty please - convert HarryT's The_Origin_of_Species which is in lrf format - to prc....National geographical this month has whetted my appetite for reading Darwin.... pretty thanks and chocolate doughnuts alround....
(this thick twit couldn't do it himself ....... )
Now that Harry has a Cybook, he may well be interested indoing a PRC version himself. It would be very popular, I'm sure.
Advert
Old 02-14-2009, 04:47 AM   #291
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now that Harry has a Cybook, he may well be interested indoing a PRC version himself. It would be very popular, I'm sure.
nudge nudge (gently)
Old 02-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #292
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Today I just discovered a new author when listening to a French radio programme (Des Papous dans la tête, what else), his name is Pierre-Henri Cami, and his humour (he was a comic writer) looks very interesting... Since he died in 1958, his works should be public domain in Canada now... but where to find them? I'd so like to read him in the original language if possible!

P.S. Wikipedia only links to this site: http://www.pastichesdumas.com/pages/Auteurs/Cami.html
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #293
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Today I just discovered a new author when listening to a French radio programme (Des Papous dans la tête, what else), his name is Pierre-Henri Cami, and his humour (he was a comic writer) looks very interesting... Since he died in 1958, his works should be public domain in Canada now... but where to find them? I'd so like to read him in the original language if possible!

P.S. Wikipedia only links to this site: http://www.pastichesdumas.com/pages/Auteurs/Cami.html

Nothing posted, as yet, in PG...
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #294
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
L.M. Montgomery's short stories

Can someone make e-books out of L.M. Montgomery's short stories as found on Project Gutenberg? I've been trying to figure out how to do it myself but even with all the great advice on this site I've had to give up after two days. Guess I'm too much of a dunce when it comes to this kind of thing...
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:43 PM   #295
Patricia
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD View Post
Can someone make e-books out of L.M. Montgomery's short stories as found on Project Gutenberg? I've been trying to figure out how to do it myself but even with all the great advice on this site I've had to give up after two days. Guess I'm too much of a dunce when it comes to this kind of thing...
Check our book upload section. There's most of L M Montgomery already there.
Which ones were you looking for in particular?
Old 02-21-2009, 01:14 AM   #296
ReD
Enthusiast
ReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toysReD shares his or her toys

Device: Sony PRS-700, PRS-300, PRS-T1, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Check our book upload section. There's most of L M Montgomery already there.
Which ones were you looking for in particular?
I've already downloaded all of the ones available on here (thank you!) but I'm looking for these ones:

Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1896 to 1901 (English)
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1902 to 1903 (English)
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1904 (English)
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1905 to 1906 (English)
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1907 to 1908 (English)
Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories, 1909 to 1922 (English)

For some reason they don't show up at PG Canada but they are on the PG site. Could you please, please, please format these for the Sony Reader?
ReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #297
Patricia
Reader

Ok, I'll do them over the next day or two.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #298
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReD View Post
Can someone make e-books out of L.M. Montgomery's short stories as found on Project Gutenberg? I've been trying to figure out how to do it myself but even with all the great advice on this site I've had to give up after two days.
What is it that you tried to do? What went wrong?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 AM   #299
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
May I humbly request that the first two books of Sherlock Holmes (Sign of the Four, and I forget the other title off the top of my head) be single downloads in LRF? I know that they are available in the omnibus, but I've read most of what is in that.

Pretty please with sugar on top?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:31 AM   #300
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may certainly request it, but my answer is "download the omnibus". Does it matter that you've already read most of what's in it? Are you short of disk space?

Sorry, but it just strikes me as completely wasted effort to repost what's already in an omnibus as separate books.

If you want to do it yourself, go ahead .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote