Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
Nook HD Tablet doesn't come up on Calibre

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? When I plug in the tablet to my laptop and open calibre, I don't see a Nook icon show up and I can't see which books are on my Nook HD from Calibre. I have some files that need book covers and I was going to do it on Calibre but I am not sure how that will work if Calibre doesn't seem to recognize the Nook HD. Any suggestions?
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_fishy View Post
Does anyone know how to fix this issue? When I plug in the tablet to my laptop and open calibre, I don't see a Nook icon show up and I can't see which books are on my Nook HD from Calibre. I have some files that need book covers and I was going to do it on Calibre but I am not sure how that will work if Calibre doesn't seem to recognize the Nook HD. Any suggestions?
Easiest solution: Send to (Micro)SD card instead of Nook's internal memory.
You even could plug your SD card directly into your PC instead of leaving it within the Nook. Then you don't have to bother about finding the Nook in calibre.

In addition:
Within settings, you can define how Android devices behave. Whether you want to copy pictures back and forth or media files. Just change the setting and watch whether your Nook is identified now.

And, to test:
You can install the Nook desktop reader. Does your Nook appear here? If not, it's obviously a problem with the drivers.
Are you using PC or Mac?

Last edited by mgmueller; 12-30-2012 at 11:43 AM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_fishy View Post
Which Windows version are you using?
Calibre only support MTP connections with Vista and higher. Not with XP.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Did you try turning your Nook HD on after you start Calibre?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
purple_fishy
Zealot
purple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolatepurple_fishy is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook STR, iPad Air 2
I tried again and now Calibre sees a "device". I can see my books now but it doesn't say Nook. The SD card trick was way easier, I think I will use that route from now on.

Thanks!
purple_fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #6
rock13
rock13 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook HD
Nook HD Does not show up

I am trying to send books from Calibre to my Nook HD. However, the Send Device icon does not show up in Calibre. Any advice?

Kenneth
rock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Make sure your HD is on after you connect it. I find that I have to turn my HD+ on and have a screen after the passcode before my computer recognizes the Nook.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I also email my books from calibre to my HD+ and it works well.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote