Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
pokojztoba
pokojztoba began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
memory disappearing

Hello,

my first post here. and immediately with a small problem. since a couple of days, i'm having the problem that the memory of my Kindle three fills itself. i get the message that it is full, i remove some books, do not add anything and some time later (hours or one day) the message is there again. When in windows explorer i do properties of the documents folder i get some 2.2 GB. i should have still a lot of space over....

does anyone has the same problem? and if yes, how to solve it, because it is annoying not to be able to search or annotate anything....

Thanks in advance
pokojztoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokojztoba View Post
Hello,

my first post here. and immediately with a small problem. since a couple of days, i'm having the problem that the memory of my Kindle three fills itself. i get the message that it is full, i remove some books, do not add anything and some time later (hours or one day) the message is there again. When in windows explorer i do properties of the documents folder i get some 2.2 GB. i should have still a lot of space over....

does anyone has the same problem? and if yes, how to solve it, because it is annoying not to be able to search or annotate anything....

Thanks in advance
First thing you should try is to copy your kindle book directory to your computer, say your desktop or into a file in your document library on your computer.

Then do a hard reset, this will wipe out all of your books on your kindle, that is why you need to copy your books to your computer.

Not knowing what flavor kindle you are useing, but for the kindle keyboard go to home, (first page of your kindle) press "menu" go down to "settings" , when you are in settings , you should see registration , device name, etc. Now press "menu" again,and you should see a menu. You could try a restart and reload your books and see if that fixes the problem, but I think it would be better to select "reset to factory defaults", it may take some time for it to reboot, but after it does, reload all of your books back on your kindle. Just select all of your books and copy them, and then on your kindle that is connected to your computer, select the book directory on your kindle "directory" and copy everything into it.

Hope I said this right! If not I am sure others will correct my instructions.

Good Luck!
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
If worse comes to worse, try contacting Kindle support.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 04:40 AM   #4
pokojztoba

it seems the problem solved itself after all. i restarted the kindle and the next day it was solved, i had again 600 MB of space. I suppose the old indexfiles are not deleted or not immediately updated, or some other registries are only after a while deleted. point is probably, be patient
Old 12-01-2011, 04:44 AM   #5
pokojztoba

and i must say that the kindle is really a superb thing, i've got a lot more trouble with phones, mp3 players and so on that do not work probably. and the Kindle just seems to solve the problems by itself....

Tags
disappear, kindle 3, memory, problem