Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-29-2017, 01:29 AM   #1
yoyomorocks
yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
Request

Hey guys,
I'm new to the cite and I wasn't too sure where to request books, but I've been looking everywhere for the wereworld series by curtis jobling. Does anyone have a epub, mobi, or pdf file available for them?
Thank you in advance
yoyomorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 01:47 AM   #2
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
http://curtisjobling.com/books/4591723741
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 03:37 AM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
You can get MOBI/AZW3 here: Amazon UK

Moderator Notice
Do not ask for unauthorised copies of in-copyright ebooks at MobileRead.

This is your first and final warning.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomorocks View Post
Hey guys,
I'm new to the cite and I wasn't too sure where to request books, but I've been looking everywhere for the wereworld series by curtis jobling. Does anyone have a epub, mobi, or pdf file available for them?
Thank you in advance
The wereworld may well exist for those seeking it so beware of were-wolves, were-dogs, were-cats and even the occasional were-rat.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #5
yoyomorocks
yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yoyomorocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
I’m a broke college student just trying to read books for the low man
Y’all broke my heart
yoyomorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
If you have any interest in classics, there are plenty of public domain books legally available for free from Mobileread (the link is up toward the top of this page under "E-books"), Gutenberg.org, and other sources.

You didn't indicate what country you are in. If you are in the US, a public library with ebooks is another great source and should have more modern books.

Even paid bookstores such as Amazon, Google Play etc. have some free books.

Last edited by 4691mls; 11-29-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: punctuation
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:31 AM   #7
hildea
Wizard
hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hildea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux (had Onyx Boox Poke 3 and BeBook Neo earlier)
Quote:
Y’all broke my heart
Authors need to eat and pay their rent too.
But if you're looking for legally free books, which the authors choose to give away, or which are in the free domain, drop by the Deals and Freebies forum and the Mobileread Free Library.
hildea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:49 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Y’all broke my heart

Your heart will have to stay broken. Authors have families and they have to eat, as well.

Some authors haven't had the luxury of college.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 05:36 AM   #9
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Y’all broke my heart
Reading the summary of the first Wereworld book, you might like Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson: A young man, driven from his home, meeting a man who bears "a king's name" and their subsequent adventures. Highly recommended. No werewolves, but lots of action...

... and available for free here in an edition I prepared myself. My edition includes the sequel. Go on - you'll probably like lead character, David Balfour, but I'm sure you'll like Alan Breck Stewart.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:39 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Moved to Reading Recommendations

So - what should this student read for fun? I've given my suggestion above.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:28 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Y’all broke my heart
Almost everybody has things they'd like to buy, but can't afford right now. Most people don't go out and steal those items, though. Save up for the books you want: they'll mean a lot more to you that way when you eventually buy them.

Last edited by HarryT; 11-30-2017 at 08:51 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
You don't have to "settle" for classics and "old" books if you need free ones either.

Yoyo didn't list a country but in the US many libraries seem to be getting some digital collections going so you can go that route. Or you can keep an eye on Kindle free offers (keep an eye in the deals forum basically) and many first books in a series are "perma-free". Or there are some contemporary authors who have some books for free, Down and Out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow or The Rebirth of Pan by Jo Walton come to mind.

Tor's book club might also be a good option, they say they are restarting in January and at least in the first go-around they gave away a free book every month; there were some good books there from David Weber, Jacqueline Carey, Gene Wolfe, and others.

There are lots of ways to get good free books.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 06:31 PM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I would think that hearing a fan ask for a pirated copy of his work would break an author's heart.

For legally free books you might also check out the Baen Free Library.

http://www.baen.com/categories/free-library.html
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #14
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I would think that hearing a fan ask for a pirated copy of his work would break an author's heart.

For legally free books you might also check out the Baen Free Library.

http://www.baen.com/categories/free-library.html
Maybe, maybe not. You can't get blood from a stone, and most post-secondary students in USA/Canada have very little money (and most of what they have has been borrowed). So, the author wasn't going to be paid whether the student read one of their books or not. Someday, the student will graduate, hopefully get a job and pay off that whopping debt, and then start to have some disposable income. At that point, if they haven't been reading new books for the last decade or two, chances are they're aren't going to take it up. Authors will have lost the chance of ever making any decent money from them.

I would guess that college graduates make up a big chunk of big-spending book buyers. Killing the new book reading habit in their most important years sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 09:04 PM   #15
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Maybe, maybe not. You can't get blood from a stone, and most post-secondary students in USA/Canada have very little money (and most of what they have has been borrowed). So, the author wasn't going to be paid whether the student read one of their books or not. Someday, the student will graduate, hopefully get a job and pay off that whopping debt, and then start to have some disposable income. At that point, if they haven't been reading new books for the last decade or two, chances are they're aren't going to take it up. Authors will have lost the chance of ever making any decent money from them.

I would guess that college graduates make up a big chunk of big-spending book buyers. Killing the new book reading habit in their most important years sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
Hey, when I was a student, I spent my lunch money on books many times. If you want a book badly enough, you can figure out a way to buy it. I worked my way through college. I never thought that anyone owed me anything for free.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, epub, jobling, request, wereworld