Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-02-2015, 09:01 PM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Thank you David for this valuable information. Works perfectly for me with Catalan from this thread.
It does seem to. Though as I don't read Catalan, it is hard to be sure.
Quote:
I can select ru, independent whether there is actually a trans_ru.qm on the device or not (I did not try with a broken trans_ru.qm however).
Yes, I suspect the trans_ru.qm I have is broken.
Quote:
I do not see this issue with FW 3.16.10. I made the qm with Qt 5.4, but I do not think that this makes a difference, since I used different Qt versions in the past (of course testing on slightly older Kobo FWs).
And it turns out it is an unrelated problem that was caused because I added new books at the same time as the language files. You would think I would know by now not to change to test parameters at the same time. My post in the 3.16.10 thread explains what I think is happening.
Quote:
I guess we owe this change to the initiative of george.talusan. Thank you Mr george.talusan! (I do not think he is following this thread however!)
Definitely. But, I don't think this is anything new. "ExtraLocales" has been in libnickel for a long time, I just didn't know what to do with it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:53 AM   #47
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Definitely. But, I don't think this is anything new. "ExtraLocales" has been in libnickel for a long time, I just didn't know what to do with it.
How disappointing! I thought that this is a new thing and took it as indicative that Kobo is encouraging people to contribute their translations in different languages. I was already wondering how they will handle the font issue, and was thinking about when they will publish the ts files.

So it turns out this is probably for internal purposes only, for testing a translations before including the qm finally into the executable.

There seems not to be much interest in contributing translations anyway.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #48
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
It works perfectly with Catalan and do not need to replace the Spanish .. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	extraca.png
Views:	410
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	140951  
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #49
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
It works perfectly with Catalan and do not need to replace the Spanish .. Thanks
Good to hear. And it was pointed out to me elsewhere that the locale should be "ca_ES" with appropriate changes to the file name. Apparently, this will work better. But, I have no idea in what way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:54 AM   #50
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Good to hear. And it was pointed out to me elsewhere that the locale should be "ca_ES" with appropriate changes to the file name. Apparently, this will work better. But, I have no idea in what way.

The file tran_ca.qm should be <TS version =" 2.0 "language =" es "> for see the translations separately from singular and plural.

Last edited by surquizu; 09-01-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Advert
Old 08-23-2015, 06:57 AM   #51
surquizu
Evangelist

Hi Tshering !

Can you generate the file .ts from version 3.17.3? Or explain how it's done?

Now the text "page x of y" is not translated.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #52
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi Tshering !

Can you generate the file .ts from version 3.17.3? Or explain how it's done?
If you mean the general ts file, where all translation slots are still empty, I just uploaded it to the first post.

If you mean to update the Catalan ts from 3.16.0, please upload your most recent version of it. It does not make much sense if I update against an older version.

Quote:
Now the text "page x of y" is not translated.
I did a test run with the most recent version that I have. I see more than 300 changes.

Quote:
Or explain how it's done?
I can give an outline of the two ways I can think of. But I fear am not able to give a description of every detail.

1. way
  • extract a qm file from nickel (see this thread)
  • convert the qm file into ts-format
  • compare the new ts file with your old ts file
  • modify yourold ts file accordingly

2. way (I prefer this one)
  • write a fake script that contains all elements of nickel that contain a translation function
  • feed the script and the old ts file to Qt's lupdate and let it create the new ts file
If anybody knows an easier way, please share it.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:22 PM   #53
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
If you mean to update the Catalan ts from 3.16.0, please upload your most recent version of it. It does not make much sense if I update against an older version.
Uploaded

Quote:
1. way [LIST][*]extract a qm file from nickel (see this thread)
I am not able to understand this thread

Quote:
2. way (I prefer this one)
  • write a fake script that contains all elements of nickel that contain a translation function
  • feed the script and the old ts file to Qt's lupdate and let it create the new ts file
too much for my knowledge

Attached Files
File Type: rar 3160_ca.ts.rar (76.0 KB, 356 views)
Old 08-23-2015, 05:51 PM   #54
tshering
Wizard

surquizu,

please check whether this ts file is working for you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip trans3173_ca.zip (118.1 KB, 426 views)
Old 08-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #55
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
surquizu,

please check whether this ts file is working for you.
Perfect, i go to translated the new text strings.

From here it is already easy.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:21 AM   #56
surquizu
Evangelist

Tshering,

do you think it is possible to add a "extra: ca" language dictionary?

I have a dictionary catalan in kobo format, but the name "dicthtml-ca.zip is not recognized as installed and is not accessible from the ebook reader.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 AM   #57
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Tshering,

do you think it is possible to add a "extra: ca" language dictionary?

I have a dictionary catalan in kobo format, but the name "dicthtml-ca.zip is not recognized as installed and is not accessible from the ebook reader.
It should be possible somehow to do this by a patch (of course with another language). I tried several times in the past without success.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #58
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
If you mean the general ts file, where all translation slots are still empty, I just uploaded it to the first post.

Hi Tshering,

I see there are new text strings in v3.18.0. Can you generate the .ts file?. I uploaded the latest version of my trans_ca.ts v-3.17.3

Attached Files
File Type: rar 3173_trans_ca.rar (78.0 KB, 327 views)
Old 09-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #59
tshering
Wizard

Surquizu,

I hope that this file works for you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip trans_3180_ca.zip (120.0 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by tshering; 09-28-2015 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:58 PM   #60
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Surquizu,

I hope that this file works for you!
Perfect file. Updated the translation. Thank you very much.