Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Portable Audio/Video

Notices

Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #1
margeret
margeret began at the beginning.

Device: n95
Looking For DVD to iPhone Converter!

Hi friends,
I'm looking for a program to convert DVDs to iPod in a fast and easy manner. Any recommendations?
Old 10-26-2007, 09:16 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm sorry, but this question involves bypassing DRM (on the DVDs). It is against the policy of this forum to discuss this topic.
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not all DVDs have DRM protection, Nate. I have myself, for example, converted for my iPod many DVDs that I've recordered myself from the TV. My favourite software, which works very well indeed, is "Fair Use Wizard". See:

http://www.fairusewizard.com

"Lite" version is free. Full version, which is a lot more powerful, and supports the iPod, costs $19.99.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
CloneDVD Mobile can convert non copy protected DVDs well for iPod and iPhone use (amongst other devices)
Old 10-26-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I've used the Videora convertors. --> http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPhone/
Fast and easy is relative. There's a step by step guide.
Advert
Old 10-26-2007, 04:17 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
You also might try AVS4you. One price gets you some several video and/or audio programs.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
johnson
Banned
johnson began at the beginning.

Device: n95
Why don’t you try on spam . I got this link from my friend when I was need for video converter. Hope you can get help from this site.
Best of luck!

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 01-13-2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: removed spam link
Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #8
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Use 'Handbrake'

Its free has settings for lots of devices inc Iphone Ipods etc and is very very good.

use it once you will never consider commercial software again.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:27 PM   #9
ottocrat
Bookish
ottocrat doesn't litterottocrat doesn't litter

Device: Psion 5, Palm Tungsten T2, Nokia N73, Cybook Gen3
Another vote here for Handbrake. It has excellent presets for iPod and iPhone. What it won't do is break DVD encryption for you. As a newcomer here I'll tread carefully, I believe it is perfectly legal in many countries to back up your own DVDs and there is software readily available which lets you do this, but I guess I'll leave you to find it yourself. Can I suggest visiting videohelp.com?
Old 03-02-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
happynow
Banned
happynow began at the beginning.

Device: fgh
Thumbs up

I think this one is a good choice .
Old 03-12-2008, 08:57 AM   #11
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
CloneDVD is excellent, I use it to put moves on my Zen.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:55 AM   #12
owlrigh
Bibliomanist
owlrigh began at the beginning.

Device: [past:PRS-700, PRS-505, PRS-T2] Now: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung G7 Edge
I've been using Handbrake to convert fan-made music videos (known as songvids, AMVs, fanvids, depending upon origin) for my ipod. Some are very high quality, some are not so much -- but the presents work wonders. Although trying to convert from WMV seems to not work for me, no matter how much I try...

Not tried DVDs as yet, but it's on the list of things to do so I can watch stuff on my lunch break!