Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
DonalDuck
The Changer
DonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-booksDonalDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: None
Wink Charging KF

Does the power adaptor for kindle ereaders work also with kindle fire?

thanks,
DD
DonalDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Yes. They'll give you a new one anyway, but it'll be the same branded USB micro-B connector you already get with the Kindle Keyboard.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

Thankfully they are using the industry accepted standard for power adapter connectors, so most micro-USB power adapters for phones, readers, and small electronic devices should work.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #4
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Does that mean the Kindle charger is interchangeable with my iPhone charger? I don't have to carry both of them around?
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #5
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Does that mean the Kindle charger is interchangeable with my iPhone charger? I don't have to carry both of them around?
Evidently so! I just did it. Live and learn (browse and learn?).
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
The fire may require more current that is available in a cell phone charger.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
The fire may require more current that is available in a cell phone charger.
The charger is included, but Amazon also sells it separately (ASIN: B005CKAX82):
Quote:
Product Features

Approved charger for the Kindle Fire
Fully charges Kindle Fire in 4 hours or less
INPUT (AC): 100-240V, 50/60Hz
OUTPUT (DC): 4.9V, 0.85A
Not all chargers will provide 0.85A, but the Fire can also be charged (more slowly) from your computer via USB. So any wall charger should work, since they typically provide at least as much power as a computer USB port.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Don't always count on that being the case for everything though. I once used a different charger for something and the power went out in the entire house after plugging it in.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Don't always count on that being the case for everything though. I once used a different charger for something and the power went out in the entire house after plugging it in.
I once used the wrong charger by mistake and killed my MP3 player but it's great that the device industry is moving toward a universal charger format. Most now are MicroUSB It's something I check now before buying.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:14 PM   #10
MikeCL
Zealot
MikeCL began at the beginning.

Device: KKB-3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Thankfully they are using the industry accepted standard for power adapter connectors, so most micro-USB power adapters for phones, readers, and small electronic devices should work.

YES I'm so glad that they came and finalized the standard for the power cords because it was just getting way out of hand.. And I'm sure it's cheaper now that they are all in agreement.

Most chargers now are 5V output with a max rate of 1A output
MikeCL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
accessories, charger, kinde fire