Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 03-12-2012, 10:13 PM   #1
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Nook Tablet Repartitioned at BN Store?

Has anyone taken BN's offer to have his/her NT repartitioned at a BN store? What is the process used and how long does it take?
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
Geekie
Tech Lover
Geekie began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
I have a NC not the NT but believe the process would be similar, I had mine re-partitioned about a month ago and have been very happy with the results, no more error messages when downloading apps, Whoopee! At the BN store they used an SD card to re-partition my NC afterwards I had to sign back in then she did a test download of an app and later I re-download all my purchases at home. I waited around 25 minutes partly because the lady who worked on my NC was not familiar with the process but had paperwork giving her step by step instructions. You will lose anything sideloaded so make sure you have things important saved somewhere but all things purchased through BN are automatically saved in the Cloud. Hope this gives you a little insight.
Geekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Do you lose your Shelves?
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Do you lose your Shelves?
The device is restored to factory state, so yes, you lose everything.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #5
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
The device is restored to factory state, so yes, you lose everything.
D'OH.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
rjpawlak
Enthusiast
rjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchforkrjpawlak can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Nook STR and Nook Tablet
one more thing...

I had a similar experience - took 30 minutes with the Nook rep very slowly reading through a set of instructions, since the rep had never done it before. It's not a difficult process - they have a microSD card they insert, and then they reboot the unit.

There is no choice on the sizes of the two partitions - it's equally split - 8G for sideloads, 8G for B&N content.

Bob
rjpawlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #7
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpawlak View Post
I had a similar experience - took 30 minutes with the Nook rep very slowly reading through a set of instructions, since the rep had never done it before. It's not a difficult process - they have a microSD card they insert, and then they reboot the unit.

There is no choice on the sizes of the two partitions - it's equally split - 8G for sideloads, 8G for B&N content.

Bob
I think that's a much better split that the default it ships with. Thanks for the update.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote