Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
Stuart Young
MobileRead Editor
Stuart Young has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: e61i / Eee PC / PRS-505
Roll-up for the latest E Ink screen news

First came our beloved E Ink, and now it looks like others about are to enter the race. Bit Tech report that scientists from Cambridge University are attempting to create a roll-up screen to make our mobile life styles far more pleasant.

Dr Seffen who works on the project explains:
Quote:
"Flexible electronics is a burgeoning area, people are looking into making very thin flexible displays that could be used for electronic newspapers, or other portable electronic media like a roll-up laptop or compact mobile phone."
Original Bit-Tech article here
Source from BBC here

I can just see the forums buzzing, with a story about Bob sitting on the roll-up screen of his latest gizmo... and flattening it to death.
Stuart Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hey! I'm on a diet, so by the time this technology gets released, I may be light as a feather. But just to be safe, remind me not to put any roll-up screens in my back pocket! ;-)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert