Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #31
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
And hurrah it has finally been dispatched. Rather unsurprisingly given how late they've left it, it's coming by courier rather than RM.
I hope said courier isn't Yodel or you might not receive it until next year
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:05 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmartin View Post
I get loads of stuff from Amazon by Yodel and find them to be extremely reliable. Sorry to hear that you've had bad experiences with them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 03:09 AM   #33
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
No it's not Yodel, I got CitySprint this time. I haven't really had problems with Yodel, or any other courier company for that matter over the years. But then we have a porter in the development who takes in and signs for the parcels, so that possibly has something to do with it.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #34
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
The only company I have problems with is hermes. They never deliver when they say they will and they never leave a card if they attempt delivery.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #35
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
The only problem I have with Yodel is that their delivery drivers tend to ignore delivery instructions. On more than one occasion they've ignored a request to leave parcels with a specific neighbour (someone we know is pretty much always in and happy to take parcels for us), to save themselves the extra 10-20 seconds it would take to walk to their door by leaving it with a slightly closer neighbour or just leaving the item in our recycling bin.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2013, 05:05 AM   #36
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I like DPD just because on the day your parcel is out to you, they now let you know of the expected delivery time (1 hour slot - obviously may vary depending on traffic and such but still rather helpful)
Old 10-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #37
Plumfranda
Plumfranda began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2, basic kindle, ipad, ipad mini
It just arrived! Good old Royal Mail... Setting it up now. Can't tell how good it is, because I haven't got my contacts in lol. Looks okay with less than perfect vision with glasses.

And the very cheap, £7, case I got from eBay fits and works perfectly. Lovely purple colour and almost identical to Amazon's own.

Last edited by Plumfranda; 10-09-2013 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Typos
Plumfranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got my PW2. Seems fine. The screen is definitely "whiter" than the old model. The new screen does indeed have a yellowish tint, which I like a lot - it makes the screen look a lot more like paper. No pinholes. Nice even lighting. Very happy.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #39
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Got my PW2. Seems fine. The screen is definitely "whiter" than the old model. The new screen does indeed have a yellowish tint, which I like a lot - it makes the screen look a lot more like paper. No pinholes. Nice even lighting. Very happy.
How is the contrast in your opinion ? And I agree that yellow is nice, I hate the bluish tint some lighted e-reader (I am thinking the first Glo generation) had.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #40
Yolina
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Cool

Unsurprisingly, mine's not here yet (but it's definitely out for delivery)
Old 10-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
How is the contrast in your opinion ? And I agree that yellow is nice, I hate the bluish tint some lighted e-reader (I am thinking the first Glo generation) had.
Comparing the two side by side I'd say that the text is equally "black" on the PW1 and PW2, but since the background is definitely lighter on the PW2 I think Amazon are correct in their claims of improved contrast, although the difference is fairly subtle. You don't look at it and think "that's dramatically better". What is extremely obvious having the two side by side is the difference in the colour of the screens - the PW1 is grey; the PW2 is very pale yellow. I really like the screen colour of the PW2 - it's pretty much the same colour as the paper that the typical paperback book is printed on.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #42
shahvikram123
shahvikram123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I've had bad experiences with both Yodel and Hermes. With both of these companies, the driver has attempted to not deliver to package and keep it for himself. I only found out something was wrong when I checked the status online as it said 'delivered and signed for'. I called companies and on both occasions the package magically ended up in my porch within 20 - 30 minutes.
shahvikram123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #43
Gilmartin
Zealot
Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gilmartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PW2
I got my shipped email last night at 10:15. Shipped via Royal Mail (thankfully) with an estimated delivery of Sat 12th. Tracking shows its left the distribution centre and is now "in transit".
Gilmartin is offline   Reply With Quote